Thread: Navy suede shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Navy suede shoes

Hi Fellas,

I just bought a pair of navy suede bucks. How versatile are they? I am thinking stone or khaki chinos and also dark jeans. What about the color of the belt? Can I wear a brown belt?

Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    390 Post(s)
    Just don't wear black jeans or a black belt. Everything else works fine with navy shoes.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    500 Post(s)
    I prefer a blue suede belt with my blue suede oxfords. I think brown would look a bit strange.

My blue suede oxfords look very good with khaki color trousers. And also with blue chinos. Not too bad with jeans.

My blue suede tassel loafers look quite good with medium gray wool trousers. The tassels are brown, so I suppose a brown belts would work.

But not with black.

And that's all the color trousers I have.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    I've worn mine with tan chinos, white chinos and medium gray wool slacks.

I think they go best with tan.

I also wear them with a blue suede belt (not the exact same shade of blue)

Nordstrom has the one I wear currently 40% off. It's the 1901 store brand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I have a pair of navy suede loafers that go great with khaki/tan chino shorts, light olive too, although I would go with pants for your bucks. I wear them with a navy canvas belt with anchors, but it's definitely more of a summer look. I bet a navy cotton macrame belt would also look sharp.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2050 Post(s)
    IMO suede bucks go best with preppy outfits. Chinos in tan, grey, off-white, olive. Mint green or Nantucket red chinos could work but would be quite loud with blue shoes. I have a woven cord belt in navy and red that I wear with my blue suede shoes. Brown is probably fine, though.

A true buck is generally a derby, slightly chunky in shape, and usually has a red brick sole. IMO, it is too casual to wear with wool trousers.
    Ben

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I have navy suede derby shoes, chukka and sneakers. While I usually try to match the belt to the shoes I don't always do so. As long as the belt coordinates with the rest of the outfit it should work. I have a couple of navy belts in different materials, but I also have a navy with red stripe and blue with white stripe. I got these from anson belts and I really like them.