Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Well, I've been a Dad for more than a quarter century, so of course I carry a pocket knife !

When I'm working in the woods, I have both a Ka-Bar and a Leatherman hanging off my belt, but for everyday pocket carry (from shorts to tux) it's the classic Swiss micro...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @Sheepdog149 Your photo looks like something out of a LL Bean catalog! Nicely done.

@Galcobar Yeah, I was having a hard time figuring out how to spell that word. I figured I would just sound it out and hope the heck the rest of you reading the post would know what the heck I was talking about.

@idvsego Thanks for the tip. Sounds like it might a good weekend project for me.
    Careful with the torx scews. They are frequently loctited and not always the best quality, they love to strip.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    Careful with the torx scews. They are frequently loctited and not always the best quality, they love to strip.
    I have rounded multiple torx bits while working on my knives, not a screw yet though. If you have a stubborn one, a little time in the freezer will make the loctite a bit brittle and easier to work with.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minty007 View Post
    Well, I've been a Dad for more than a quarter century, so of course I carry a pocket knife !

When I'm working in the woods, I have both a Ka-Bar and a Leatherman hanging off my belt, but for everyday pocket carry (from shorts to tux) it's the classic Swiss micro...

classic and classy.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    I have rounded multiple torx bits while working on my knives, not a screw yet though. If you have a stubborn one, a little time in the freezer will make the loctite a bit brittle and easier to work with.
    I'll have to try this. I have a Para 2 that I was going to try tip up, but gave up after realizing I was actually twisting the torx bit that I was using.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    I'll have to try this. I have a Para 2 that I was going to try tip up, but gave up after realizing I was actually twisting the torx bit that I was using.
    some people go the opposite way and blow a hair dryer on it for a while too. Also, good knife.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    some people go the opposite way and blow a hair dryer on it for a while too. Also, good knife.
    Ditto. I carry the para 2 when I'm more casual or outdoors (at least when the Ka-Bar isn't appropriate). Very happy with it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Freezer sounds like a good idea. That little snap when a screw breaks loose can be exciting. lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I have a Swiss Army knife in my bag. In my pocket, I have either an Opinel #8 or Buck Canoe knife that I use the smaller blade for doing things like opening boxes. I have a single blade Swiss Army knife somewhere. I think my wife swiped it for her purse

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Buck is great, but Case makes a really nice variety of classic Canoes if that's a design you like.