Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    2020LE color revealed at shot show a couple days ago. Looks like its a blue, maybe just a shade lighter than the blue Farmers, like the one in my pic. Not ground breakingly original, but I like blue.
    I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    2020LE color revealed at shot show a couple days ago. Looks like its a blue, maybe just a shade lighter than the blue Farmers, like the one in my pic. Not ground breakingly original, but I like blue.
    thats exciting actually. its hard to find the other colors sometimes. LE colors tend to be at all the retailers.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1151 Post(s)
    Ordered the berry red Alox cadet. The seal has been broken and now I want the champagne pioneer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    I never used to carry a knife, but then about five years ago I bought a $10 cheapie on a whim and got used to carrying it. Now I feel like I'm not dressed if I don't have my knife clipped on. A couple years ago I upgraded to a good but not great Off Grid Knives 2.75" with spring assist which I am quite happy with.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    I notice the grey one has a slightly different logo. Is it a preproduction model or some other interesting reason?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slubby Linen View Post
    I never used to carry a knife, but then about five years ago I bought a $10 cheapie on a whim and got used to carrying it. Now I feel like I'm not dressed if I don't have my knife clipped on. A couple years ago I upgraded to a good but not great Off Grid Knives 2.75" with spring assist which I am quite happy with.
    Iím the same way. Now most days I have one clipped in my pocket, one in my little wallet caddy, and another in the center console of whatever car Iím driving. Oh and one in my desk drawer. Itís a little ridiculous actually.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slubby Linen View Post
    I notice the grey one has a slightly different logo. Is it a preproduction model or some other interesting reason?
    Sort of. That one is a Soldier. They all have that shield.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    I’m the same way. Now most days I have one clipped in my pocket, one in my little wallet caddy, and another in the center console of whatever car I’m driving. Oh and one in my desk drawer. It’s a little ridiculous actually.

Oh you think that's ridiculous. I've got a different tub just for the boxes of the knives I have that are actually collectible.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)
    Sort of. That one is a Soldier. They all have that shield.
    So that would be a 1993-2008 military issue knife? I understood Wenger and Victorinox produced the same knife, the 1961 model, for the Swiss Army which bought exactly equal quantities from each company, until Victorinox bought Wenger in 2005. And the other knives displayed would be Victorinox Pioneer Aloxes?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    I think that one is an 87. History sounds correct though. Essentially its a pioneer without a key ring, but of course people like the soldier because they aren't made anymore. The others are indeed pioneers, but the one on the right is a farmer.