Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    I do like to grope everything at a gun or knife show LOL. You should stop by the Condor booth as well. They make some cool stuff and their price point is great. People are crazy about Great Eastern so I guess I'll be looking at those. Maybe some case knives. I'm always looking for Kershaw Ti Bumps. I'd really like a Bestech Engine, rainbow ti. I think the bestech might be the only newer production knife I'm interested in.
    I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    I do like to grope everything at a gun or knife show LOL. You should stop by the Condor booth as well. They make some cool stuff and their price point is great. People are crazy about Great Eastern so I guess I'll be looking at those. Maybe some case knives. I'm always looking for Kershaw Ti Bumps. I'd really like a Bestech Engine, rainbow ti. I think the bestech might be the only newer production knife I'm interested in.
    I have a Condor Sidekick on my Jeep bag. Great for the money and I would buy more of their products. Tough part about buying that stuff online is judging the dimensions. Different people measure different ways and some stuff shifts when mounted or loaded. GEC is on my list too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    I don't often carry a pocketknife, but partially as a result of this thread, I did get one a year or so ago. I wanted something that felt more classic than tactical, so I ended up going with a Buck 501 knife. My dad always carried one when I was a kid, (and still does), so it felt like a good place to start. It's small enough to inconspicuously stash in a pocket, but big enough to handle most "typical" cutting needs. The wood and silver case looks nice, and it locks and folds with a solid feeling action. It also was super sharp straight out of the box. I love it!

https://www.amazon.com/Buck-Knives-S...dp/B000EHYZQ4/

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drocpsu View Post
    I don't often carry a pocketknife, but partially as a result of this thread, I did get one a year or so ago. I wanted something that felt more classic than tactical, so I ended up going with a Buck 501 knife. My dad always carried one when I was a kid, (and still does), so it felt like a good place to start. It's small enough to inconspicuously stash in a pocket, but big enough to handle most "typical" cutting needs. The wood and silver case looks nice, and it locks and folds with a solid feeling action. It also was super sharp straight out of the box. I love it!

https://www.amazon.com/Buck-Knives-S...dp/B000EHYZQ4/
    classic. I found a generic tiny version of that at the bottom of one of my BOS in the closet. Thats code for "Box of Old Sh...tuff".

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    I don't often carry a pocketknife, but partially as a result of this thread, I did get one a year or so ago.
    Since starting this thread I now carry a knife pretty much anytime I leave the house. I have one knife, but in reading the posts here, I'm thinking of picking up another.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    Here’s a photo of my actual knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Here’s a photo of my actual knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dang, making me want to upgrade from my tiny keychain Swiss army knife....

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    I picked up a Swiss Bianco pioneer at the show. I didn't see much else that I really wanted. I may have to go on an online buying binge instead. lol

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    I picked up a Swiss Bianco pioneer at the show. I didn't see much else that I really wanted. I may have to go on an online buying binge instead. lol
    Blade show was a lot to take in. I handled a lot of knives that impressed me. My only purchase was an Ontario Rat 2 for $20. I have been meaning to get one for a while and htat was cheaper than amazon so I did it. Some other random thoughts...

I am kicking myself for not getting an Alox Bantam in a cool color. Was hard to justify $40 for a color when silver is like $18 on Vic site. Lumberjack was a cool model I had never seen before too.

Smith and Sons in particular was an out of nowhere good impression for me. They arent cheap but felt great and looked stellar.

Three Rivers had a couple of very light and cool knives. Never heard of them but they were one of the ones I might have made an impulse buy on, if I had more money at the time.

I got to put my hands on all of the Spyderco models I have been considering and now I know the Sage 5 is the
    one for me. Now to save the funds. The Smock was super cool but that blade shape...not super versatile. If it was like $60 I would get it. At $160, probably not.

the Case Sodbuster Jr in red was a neat knife that isnt a lot and I will end up with at some point.

Vanquest...I was excited about seeing this booth because I love their products on paper. I was very impressed with the fatpack organizer and the 5x8 seemed great for me. The new Trident backpacks are really cool. They use a velcro system to create sections inside. I was skeptical but that velcro is strong. Now I want one. The IBEX packs have been on my wish list for a long time. I tried on a 35L and it was cool. Not ultralight so I wouldn't want to do the AT with it but sturdy. Its more for those back country camping trips. Hike in 5-10 miles, camp a few days, hike out. I also tried on the bigger Markhor 45L pack. A cool pack too. Same basic impressions as IBEX.

Lets see...Oh, ontario rat fixed blades were a very nice alternative to the pricier Esee options.

Kabar Dozier is a cool little knife for $15.

ABKT was a surprise in the super cheap arena.

Soutehrn Grind is a knife I want to buy but that money makes my stomach turn a little.

Oh...We Knives...I liked almost all the models I handled. They had a few of their budget line Civivi. I have one of those and like it and wouldnt hesitate to buy another. I was almost won over on a couple of We models...then I went to the Kizer booth.

Kizers are cheaper and just as impressive as We. Several in the $40 range I liked. The Vigor is much better in person than the online listings show. Thats a great looking $40 knife. They had some higher end prototypes that spun my props too.

All in all, the show was fun. I went with my cousin and we went in at like 9:30am and left at like 4. We got worn out and actually missed some booths we wanted to see. I am glad I went but not sure if I will ever do it again. So I say until next year when all the new product announcements come out lol.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Man you should have gotten that bantam. What color were you looking to get? Swiss Bianco does charge almost a 100% premium, but they can because they make things you can't get in a blister pack at Dick's. I think I really got mine because I had been drooling over those colors every time I saw one posted on FB for some time.

CRKT had some cool new stuff. I got to handle some of the new Mora carbon stuff, thick stock. It was pretty impressive. I might have to get a blank and have someone put a handle on it for me. I almost got another Case copperlock(red sycamore) and I almost got a Kuhkri, so obviously my interests are varied. Instead I just went ahead and bid on a Bestech Engine I had been eying for a while.

PS I already dropped my superduper premo Swiss Bianco on the floor and dinged it up LOL.