Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    I was at Nordstrom the other day picking up some boots I had ordered online. The girl working there asked if I needed something to open the packaging with to try them on. I said "No thank you" and used my pocket knife. She was like "Thats the coolest thing I have seen in a minute. Very casual, very cool." It was a decent looking manual open knife with a bleached bone handle so it wasnt too technical or tactical. I was surprised by the appreciation.
    She doesn't care about the knife, she was hitting on you.
    I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The swiss pocket knife is a classic. I use to have one when I was younger. It was one of though knives that was great for every situation. It had a A blade, a pair of scissors, a nail file, a toothpick, a pair of tweezers, and a ballpoint pen. Since I lost it I never really carry a pocket knife with me anymore.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    She doesn't care about the knife, she was hitting on you.
    more likely that she was trying to flatter him to spend more

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Maybe that too

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    more likely that she was trying to flatter him to spend more
    It was the online order pickup area and I am happily married so neither possible intention registered with me lol.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1454 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topspot View Post
    The swiss pocket knife is a classic. I use to have one when I was younger. It was one of though knives that was great for every situation. It had a A blade, a pair of scissors, a nail file, a toothpick, a pair of tweezers, and a ballpoint pen. Since I lost it I never really carry a pocket knife with me anymore.
    My dad always carried a very small Swiss Army pocket knife on him. Just a very small one with a blade on one side and a nail file on the other. I didn't see him use the knife very often, a the blade really wan't big enough for anything other than clipping a thread here or there. Gotta agree though, they are helpful to carry around.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Just picked this one up on the last 15% ebay coupon day. Its a Copperlock model, my first. Fit an finish is pretty nice, mostly what I would expect from Case. It was, however, embarrassingly dull. My other Case knives aren't like that. Is this a new trend? I haven't bought one in a while. I guess I had also forgotten how soft regular SS is too. It was like a razor after 5 minutes stropping on a piece of cardboard.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Just picked this one up on the last 15% ebay coupon day. Its a Copperlock model, my first. Fit an finish is pretty nice, mostly what I would expect from Case. It was, however, embarrassingly dull. My other Case knives aren't like that. Is this a new trend? I haven't bought one in a while. I guess I had also forgotten how soft regular SS is too. It was like a razor after 5 minutes stropping on a piece of cardboard.

I havent bought a case in a while so I cant say about them. The last couple of Kershaw I purchased came sharp.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Anybody else pick up this year's LE Victorinox alox on the last massdrop? I think mine is supposed to show up tomorrow.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Anybody else pick up this year's LE Victorinox alox on the last massdrop? I think mine is supposed to show up tomorrow.
    I did not. I really need an Alox though. I always freeze up trying to decide between Cadet and Pioneer and dont buy anything lol.