Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)
    @Sheepdog149 I love the patina on your leather goods. Awesome!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    @Sheepdog149 I love the patina on your leather goods. Awesome!
    Thanks boss!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sheepdog149; January 31st, 2018 at 02:01 PM.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog149 View Post
    Thanks! It's a custom 5" stag folder made by Al Warren Knives.

holy crap...you are definitely fighting above my weight class.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    holy crap...you are definitely fighting above my weight class.
    Naaa - boys need they're toys

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog149 View Post
    Naaa - boys need they're toys

My most expensive knife is my Benchmade Mini Griptilian 556-1. It is my go-to edc knife.

Not my pic, but this is it...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    I carry a 556 at work. I'd like to carry some others, but they're maybe a little too big to pass as box openers in a clinical setting lol.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Goddammit this thread has made me really want the Shinola x Benchmade Valet.

Which is not currently available, of course.

I have a Mini Griptilian that I don't like to carry because I feel like the knurled scales chew up my pants fabric when I clip it to my pocket, and a really nice 940 that my brother got me as a gift a long time ago that feels too big to carry around.
    Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Goddammit this thread has made me really want the Shinola x Benchmade Valet.

Which is not currently available, of course.
    I really want a nice wood scale knife too. I have a little buck non-locking folder without a clip now. It is a nice, subtle knife that sits at the bottom of your pocket and doesnt scare anyone when you take it out. But i really want the new mini Crooked River (which they totally missed the mark by not calling the Crooked Creek)

or maybe a NorthFork

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    I really want a nice wood scale knife too. I have a little buck non-locking folder without a clip now. It is a nice, subtle knife that sits at the bottom of your pocket and doesnt scare anyone when you take it out. But i really want the new mini Crooked River (which they totally missed the mark by not calling the Crooked Creek)
    or maybe a NorthFork
    Dang... that Mini Crooked Creek is a sexy knife, and has the orange accents that I also like about the Valet. Too bad it is a bit too big - basically the same size as my 940. *sigh*

The North Fork is a better size but is not as fun without the orange accents. *sigh again*

Incidentally, speaking of Buck knives, does anyone have any opinions on what is the best quality classic lock-back knife? A la Buck, Case, etc. I've always wanted one but it's hard to gauge which brands are good quality and which ones are inflated in price simply due to being "heritage" brands or having particular scale materials, etc.
    Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Dang... that Mini Crooked Creek is a sexy knife, and has the orange accents that I also like about the Valet. Too bad it is a bit too big - basically the same size as my 940. *sigh*

The North Fork is a better size but is not as fun without the orange accents. *sigh again*

Incidentally, speaking of Buck knives, does anyone have any opinions on what is the best quality classic lock-back knife? A la Buck, Case, etc. I've always wanted one but it's hard to gauge which brands are good quality and which ones are inflated in price simply due to being "heritage" brands or having particular scale materials, etc.
    In my experience, I dont feel a ton of difference in buck, case, and old timer. Of course I have primarily dealt with the non locking multi blade models. Once you get into locking blades or assisted opening the quality difference might be more obvious. Most of those heritage brands are owned by the same big company or two now anyway.

I will let you know if I run across any more wood handles with orange accents.