Thread: Greats Shoes? Worth it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Greats Shoes? Worth it?

I have been on the hunt for some all white shoes to wear with my casual outfits. I picked up some canvas vans (authentics) and it hit me that it may be easier to keep the "leather" ones cleaner for longer. While on facebook i was shown an ad for Greats shoes which i have been seeing for quite some time but they have a pair of all white casual sneakers that look great.

Would you recommend the leather Vans over the canvas and why?
    Would you recommend the Greats over the Vans? Are the worth the price difference?

I have read about the soles on the Vans coming unglued and wondering if anyone has experience with the Greats and whether they are better?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    218 Post(s)
    I have 2 pair of Wilsons, they're Greats' canvas sneakers. The look good and they're comfortable. After having them for a little over a year with fairly regular wear, the sole on the grey pair is loose toward the top at some parts. I've never tried their leather sneakers because $160 is too much to pay for casual sneakers. From what I can tell, the sole is stitched on the leather sneakers, so you shouldn't have that problem.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    I also have a pair of Greats Wilsons and am a big fan. I too wouldn't buy their higher priced offerings. That said, the Wilsons seem like a cut above similarly priced sneaker offerings, so I am very disappointed they have been discontinued.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    204 Post(s)
    FWIW I have a pair of their Royales in grey suede. I also wouldn't pay full price for them (got mine for $85ish). That being said they have held up very well and are really comfortable. They usually run a sample sale every year that can be stacked alongside promo codes for first time customers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    218 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    FWIW I have a pair of their Royales in grey suede. I also wouldn't pay full price for them (got mine for $85ish). That being said they have held up very well and are really comfortable. They usually run a sample sale every year that can be stacked alongside promo codes for first time customers.
    At $85, I would definitely try out the Royale. I'll have to keep an eye out for sales.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    Yeah that sounds like a great price. Where did you see the sale? Just their mailing list?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    204 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neminat View Post
    Yeah that sounds like a great price. Where did you see the sale? Just their mailing list?
    Actually got told about it in these threads. It was sometime last august, can't remember who posted about the sale.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    218 Post(s)