Thread: Questions on Seiko watch repair ootions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Questions on Seiko watch repair ootions

I have an older Seiko chrono that needs repaired. I do not know the problem but no-one locally can or will repair the watch. It is not a high end watch but has some sentimental value so I am hoping to have it repaired. The only option I have now is to end off to a Seiko authorized repair shop in NJ. I don't have a good feeling about doing that but it could be my only option. I've called the repair center and the 2 folks I spoke with didn't really seem to care terribly much-just a bad vibe possibly.

I was hoping for some alternative suggestions or recommendations from someone that has had a Seiko serviced.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    If you are wiling to ship, http://delmanwatchservice.com/ . Had a new capacitor put in my Seiko solar. He is a European watch maker. Actually is certified and worked for Seiko among others. Check the about page for his numerous certifications. Shop is filled with Rolex, Omega, etc. Been in business for almost 40 years. Reasonable prices. He is an artist when it comes to time pieces. If it can he fixed, he can do it, and he is reasonably prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Shade,

Thanks very much for this. It makes me feel better when someone has a recommendation based on their personal experience. I'll definitely reach out to him.

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Quoted
    726 Post(s)
    I have a recommendation for a repair shop here in Canada. If you're willing to ship your watch to Canada, I can PM you the details.