Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another "Help Me Pick a Watch" Thread

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Also, if it was my money, I'd pick up the Sinn on the bracelet in a heartbeat. I've seen the Oris in person and it's not gonna be very versatile, quite casual and a tad on the chunky side. Very nice, but not what you're looking for.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Just saw this on Joma: http://www.jomashop.com/tag-heuer-wa...1c-ba0782.html Would be a good option but only has a 7" bracelet. No go.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Just saw this on Joma: http://www.jomashop.com/tag-heuer-wa...1c-ba0782.html Would be a good option but only has a 7" bracelet. No go.
    I gotta think you could get an extra couple links and call it a day. IMO that would be an ideal watch; high quality finishing, understated design, and brand recognition (if that's something you want.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.C View Post
    I gotta think you could get an extra couple links and call it a day. IMO that would be an ideal watch; high quality finishing, understated design, and brand recognition (if that's something you want.)
    Heh, I never would have thought of that. Clearly I've never owed a watch on a bracelet before. Thank you, the Tag is back on the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Also, if it was my money, I'd pick up the Sinn on the bracelet in a heartbeat. I've seen the Oris in person and it's not gonna be very versatile, quite casual and a tad on the chunky side. Very nice, but not what you're looking for.
    Maybe you're referring to an aquis on a rubber band but if you get it with the bracelet it's as versatile as any dive watch.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amg1016 View Post
    Maybe you're referring to an aquis on a rubber band but if you get it with the bracelet it's as versatile as any dive watch.
    Good point, I was, but only because I believe he had originally linked to the rubber version. On the stainless bracelet, it would be more versatile, but only if he's a really big guy, the Aquis is 43.5mm wide and rather tall as well, it's a chunky diver. Not exactly a paragon of versatility, add to that the odd integrated bracelet, and you are left with a nice, high quality watch, with a few limitations many of us wouldn't be cool with. Additionally, diver's aren't going to be as versatile as the Sinn or Heuer that he linked to (I say this as a guy who wears his diver most days, formality be damned.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Good point, I was, but only because I believe he had originally linked to the rubber version. On the stainless bracelet, it would be more versatile, but only if he's a really big guy, the Aquis is 43.5mm wide and rather tall as well, it's a chunky diver. Not exactly a paragon of versatility, add to that the odd integrated bracelet, and you are left with a nice, high quality watch, with a few limitations many of us wouldn't be cool with. Additionally, diver's aren't going to be as versatile as the Sinn or Heuer that he linked to (I say this as a guy who wears his diver most days, formality be damned.)

I would certainly agree that it's on the larger side but I don't find the size to be limiting in my ability to wear it in business casual settings or with a suit. Maybe I'm committing some faux pas but it feels fine to me with my suit. I'm 5'9" 175 and, while it took me a couple days to get used to, the size does not look too big on my arms. My arms might be a little bigger than normal from exercise but not abnormally large by any means.

To each their own I suppose but I intend to continue wear it in a wide range of settings.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amg1016 View Post
    I would certainly agree that it's on the larger side but I don't find the size to be limiting in my ability to wear it in business casual settings or with a suit. Maybe I'm committing some faux pas but it feels fine to me with my suit. I'm 5'9" 175 and, while it took me a couple days to get used to, the size does not look too big on my arms. My arms might be a little bigger than normal from exercise but not abnormally large by any means.

To each their own I suppose but I intend to continue wear it in a wide range of settings.
    Nah, I certainly wouldn't call it a faux pas, if it's working for you, keep rocking it. I'm about your size, but top out at 41mm for business wear, but prefer 36-39mm. No doubt, it's a great watch, from a storied brand.