Thread: Watch recommendations for upcoming Wedding!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Watch recommendations for upcoming Wedding!

Hey everyone,

My Fiancee wants to purchase me a new watch I can wear to our upcoming wedding, but I need some help in choosing which one that would be! I'd like to keep the budget around $250, no higher than that.

I have narrowed it down to a few, here's what I've come up with:

Armogan Spirit of St. Louis in White Chocolate:

Armogan Le Mans in Lunar White

Seiko SNDC31

Kenneth Cole KC1568

No more room for images, so here's a link

I'm leaning heavily towards the new lunar white Armogan Le Mans and swapping out the band for a nice black or brown leather one, but my concern is the design is too casual/sporty to wear with a suit. If it helps, I'll be wearing a charcoal suit the day of.

The spirit of St. Louis is really nice, Just kind of...plain looking. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I already have a few white plain watches, including a Rodina Nomos homage which is quite nice looking. In the same vein, the SNDC31 is really nice, but my concern is the face is more of an off white than a true white.

I really like the fact the the Le Mans comes in different color ways other than just a white face with white sub dials - it just gives it more visual depth to me, but at the same time, makes it more casual.

I already have quite the collection of watches that I could wear, and tell her to save the money for the honeymoon ( Don't make fun of my 007 GoldenEye watch that is over 20 years old by now):

What are you're thoughts?

• Would the Lunar White Armogan with a solid black/brown band look ok with a charcoal suit, or a suit in general, or is it inherently too casual?
    • Is there another watch you would recommend out of the ones I've listed, or others?
    • Should I just say forget it, and let's put that money towards something else?

I'd appreciate any feedback!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    334 Post(s)
    I am leaning towards saying forget it. You obviously have enough watches (your case is full)

However, if your and your Fiancee are going to exchange gifts, a watch is a good idea. Really though it depends on your finances and what you want to do.

A lot of people are relatively young and broke when the are married. It is important to stay with in your means. If you are already pushing your limit with wedding expenses, this is an easy thing to cut.

I think that they are all suit worthy, you just need a black dress strap (black to go with the charcoal suit)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    251 Post(s)
    Count me in for forget it. You've got a full box and to me it's pretty similar to ones you have. Also I subscribe to the groom shouldn't need a watch on his wedding day. A bit different since you're wearing a suit but your groomsmen should keep you on time. You should just enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @ryn - Yeah, that's kind of what I'm leaning towards as well, but I think she wants to exchange gifts. So naturally, my mind goes to another watch! As far as expenses, we are well within our budget for both the wedding and honeymoon, so another $200 won't tip the scales here and won't push us outside our means, but I really do appreciate the advice all the same.

@hockeysc23 - Good point, however I don't feel complete without a watch while wearing a suit for some reason. Sounds like I need to buy another box haha..
    Last edited by Andrewski; May 18th, 2017 at 11:42 AM. Reason: spacing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Long Island Watch has the Orient Bambino line on sale for around $119, which is a steal - http://www.longislandwatch.com/searc...search=bambino

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I vote pass. You already have a nice collection and 5 white face watches.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk