Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight jeans recommendations for summer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Lightweight jeans recommendations for summer

I'm looking for recommendations on good lightweight jeans for summer. I live in Central TX, and I know that it gets hot as f*ck, but I just need something for summer evenings/nights and air conditioned locations, for when I don't feel like wearing chinos.

I own a pair of Gustin's Cone Superlight, and they were fantastic. But the shrinkage in the wash (cold water, Woolite Dark, gentle cycle, hang dry) was way more than I expected. And I own 2 other pairs of jeans from Gustin that barely shrank in multiple washes. In fact, my Superlights shrank so much that I didn't even need to get them hemmed.

So I could order another ~10.0oz pair of jeans from Gustin, but I prefer to see what my options are before I spend that much again and risk shrinkage.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Just got a pair of the Naked & Famous Sunrise Selvedge (10 oz.) from Blue Owl Workshop. They're running a 20% off code (THANKYOU17) which brings them down to $124.

Super Skinny Guy: https://www.blueowl.us/collections/a...nt=29375197121

Weird Guy: https://www.blueowl.us/collections/a...nt=29375058753

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1 View Post
    I own a pair of Gustin's Cone Superlight, and they were fantastic. But the shrinkage in the wash (cold water, Woolite Dark, gentle cycle, hang dry) was way more than I expected.
    Its stuff like this that makes me so hesitant to go raw denim. Eventually, theyre going to have to get washed... but every fabric reacts differently. I have a pair of Gustins in 34 that need to get washed soon but I'm worried theyre going to shrink, since they never stretched out too much to begin with. Meanwhile, I have a $15 pair of stretch jeans from American Eagle that didnt shrink whatsover in the wash

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    657 Post(s)
    I like my Old Navy flex jeans for warmer times. Not "true" denim if you are a seclvedge guy but they arent as heavy feeling as my other jeans and are very affordable

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Bonobos summerweight jeans have stretch and are nice and lightweight

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    533 Post(s)
    is it just me or is 10 oz not that light? bonobos travel jeans are 10.5 oz and i use them year round.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    is it just me or is 10 oz not that light? bonobos travel jeans are 10.5 oz and i use them year round.
    I will wear my "lightweight" denim year round, but on a hot day 10 oz seems noticeably more comfortable to me than 14 oz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billmeek View Post
    Bonobos summerweight jeans have stretch and are nice and lightweight
    How did I not even think to check Bonobos? I've got a pair of old Travel Jeans and they're incredibly comfy. A 10.5oz version of that would work nicely. Although that price is quite high, I'll have to wait for a sale. Thank you!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    I struggle to find well fitting pants, so I ordered summer denim M2M off Luxire twice now. I've been super happy with the jeans, but you have to know your measurements exactly.

Note: the sample pair they show has fading, but that is just an option you can add that I don't recommend. Also, you can ask them to prewash the fabric, which doesn't reduce the color saturation at all but will prevent future shrinkage.

Coolmax Navy: https://custom.luxire.com/products/coolmax_denim_blue
    Coolmax Midnight: https://custom.luxire.com/products/coolmax_denim

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    I don't have recommendations on a specific pair but see if you can find something with a cotton/linen blend. I have a pair from Club Monaco I found on a sales rack and they've been a godsend on hot summer nights. I also have a pair of 9 or 10 oz summer weight selvage jeans from a now defunct brand and the cotton/linen pair are so much better.