Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much to spend on a groomsman gift?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    My groom is coming from out of town, although they will be staying with us. And my groom DID end up buying a suit for the wedding (man you teachers have the life) so he did shell out some cake for my big day.
    Your language is starting to be confusing. If it's your big day, then I'd assume you're the groom and he's your best man (or one of your groomsmen, if you have multiples). That or you're both grooms, in which I think we'd be talking about a wedding gift, not a groomsman gift?

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Your language is starting to be confusing. If it's your big day, then I'd assume you're the groom and he's your best man (or one of your groomsmen, if you have multiples). That or you're both grooms, in which I think we'd be talking about a wedding gift, not a groomsman gift?
    Apologies. Didn't mean to confuse everyone. That's a good reason re-read what I've written before posting.

I am getting married. I have my best man coming in to town to stand up for me. That will be it for the wedding party. I did offer to pay for his suit, but he has politely declined. I need to figure out what to a) get him as a gift and b) what price range that might be in and c) whatever else I'm missing out.

@Shade That's actually not a bad idea...

Thanks again.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Apologies. Didn't mean to confuse everyone. That's a good reason re-read what I've written before posting.

I am getting married. I have my best man coming in to town to stand up for me. That will be it for the wedding party. I did offer to pay for his suit, but he has politely declined. I need to figure out what to a) get him as a gift and b) what price range that might be in and c) whatever else I'm missing out.

@Shade That's actually not a bad idea...

Thanks again.
    Got it, no worries just want to make sure we're giving input on what you're actually after. It sounds like a gift that's personal and tailored to him might make sense, regardless of the price, since he declined cash for the suit. Maybe y'all can get an old fashioned shave together on the day-off or something, plus a smaller personal gift, more as part of the experience than anything.