Thread: Sport Coat Pattern Question

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Sport Coat Pattern Question

Hi,

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to sport coats. Would this be a good pattern for a spring/summer weight one? It's a silk wool linen blend, but I don't know the percentages. It's the gun club check coat in this library. Sorry for not just posting the images, not sure how. I already have a light brown tweed and grey herringbone windowpane for winter/fall and also a brown houndstooth linen for summer. Thanks.

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/ro...acobs/library/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Love the blazer, cant really tell how heavy it is from the pics but be careful as Wool tends to be warmer.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    As long as it's lightweight, it should work fine. I'm wondering if it's fully lined, half or unlined and what material that is in since that can make a lightweight coat became unbearably hot.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfrasier View Post
    As long as it's lightweight, it should work fine. I'm wondering if it's fully lined, half or unlined and what material that is in since that can make a lightweight coat became unbearably hot.
    I have had a jacket lining modified to a 1/3 lining and the seams cleaned up. It cost me around $50. If the outer material is light enough for your temps, it might be worth it.

BTW, I dig the pattern.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I'm not sure about the lining or the percentages for the material, but I just love the pattern. Any ideas on outfit combinations? Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Thanks for the input. I should have already mentioned I'd googled it and seen those.

TMann
    Sorry for the late reply, but when I saw the pattern/color of your new jacket, I immediately thought of this pic of @Leanderthal. This was an eBay purchase, correct? Have your received the jacket? How do you like it? We'd love to see a photo when you're gotten it altered and matched up.

Where do you live, by the way? It struck me the other day that "summer/spring weight" means something entirely different to those of us in the Pacific Northwest than it does to someone who lives in Texas or in the Florida.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I did finally receive it, and I absolutely love it. It has a far more tan background than I expected, more along the lines of the Leanderthal picture, as the ebay photos showed it as more of a white/gray background, but tan is just about as easy to match.
    This is my first "higher-end" jacket, and it definitely is nice. The fabric is quite soft and fine. I saw another one on eBay that mentioned the original retail was $550, and while I'm sure that it regularly was sold around $250, that's still a definite step above my $43 suits (3/$129 lol)
    The fit is nearly perfect. It may be a little tight in the chest, but I normally drop 10-20 lbs over the summer, mostly off my gut, so even if the fit isn't perfect, I'll at least feel better in it. Sleeve length is perfect. The jacket had no flaws that I could see.
    It's 37/33/30 Linen/Silk/Wool, and the lining is so thin I can see through it, so I'm expecting it to be perfect for these SoCal summers. I have an outdoor afternoon wedding to attend in July. I still haven't been informed of the dress code, but it'll be this jacket for sure.

I'll post some pictures once I get a couple other pieces to go with it.