Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: warm weather non nipple-y white shirts? ie dress and henley options

  1. #1
    Varsity Member Dun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

    warm weather non nipple-y white shirts? ie dress and henley options

    I'm still getting used to black colored clothes, which may hide sweat, but I can still get visible salt stains on any shirt that isn't white. Even the Uniqlo polos.
    I havn't found a light grey or blue, tan, etc shirt that can handle my sweat in a so cal summer but I'd be open to options.

    What I have found which works for not seeing sweat as much are white shirts. Unfortunately summer weight shirts are very thin. Having lighter brown skin under white material doesn't seem to help either.

    Have any recommendations for white shirts that are textured enough do hide nipples?
    The only two I have found so far are a woven patterned linen BR and a white-on-white seersucker from JCF. Both are button downs. I'd love to find some more options, maybe even some henleys.

  2. #2
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    499
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)
    Unfortunately it's a bit of a catch-22: if it's light enough for summer, it's probably thin enough to see through.

    My only suggestion is to check out some of Charles Tyrwhitt's textured weave shirts. I've got a CT white royal oxford that's pretty light but completely opaque.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Can't go wrong with a classic Ralph Lauren Polo
    The most successful men’s fashion is conservative with just a hint of rebellion. - Rick Owens

  4. #4
    Varsity Member Dun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesria9 View Post
    Can't go wrong with a classic Ralph Lauren Polo
    As far as polos go I'm good with my white Uniqlo polo, it's other colors or other shirt types I need.

  5. #5
    Varsity Member Dun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hierophant View Post
    Unfortunately it's a bit of a catch-22: if it's light enough for summer, it's probably thin enough to see through.

    My only suggestion is to check out some of Charles Tyrwhitt's textured weave shirts. I've got a CT white royal oxford that's pretty light but completely opaque.
    I always thought of Royal oxfords as a denser weave/less breathable so I havn't given those a try. Thanks, I will have to test those.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,638
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)
    I wear a grey tank top underneath. keeps a lot of the sweat off of my top shirt and hides the nips. doesn't really make me any warmer either. Of course, it is pretty humid here in Atlanta so you pretty much just always feel a little swampy once summer kicks in.

  7. #7
    Varsity Member Dun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)
    Any other warm weather but textured shirt options anyone likes?

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    423
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dun View Post
    Any other warm weather but textured shirt options anyone likes?

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I know you're partial to the Uniqlo polos, but I recently purchased one of these in grey. Seems sufficiently airy. Slightly different than white. I liked the one so much that I went back and ordered two more. (They're also $17 at the moment.) We'll see how well they hold up after a few washes.

    Last year I bought a couple of short sleeve button up shirts from J Crew Factory. Different colors (navy, plaid, a solid white one, madras). Comfort wise, they were great. They just didn't get much wear because, apparently, that's not my favorite style.

  9. #9
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    I wear a grey tank top underneath. keeps a lot of the sweat off of my top shirt and hides the nips. doesn't really make me any warmer either. Of course, it is pretty humid here in Atlanta so you pretty much just always feel a little swampy once summer kicks in.
    This.

    I always wear a grey undershirt - Uniqlo Airism v necks will do wonders here.

  10. #10
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    423
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagePree View Post
    This.

    I always wear a grey undershirt - Uniqlo Airism v necks will do wonders here.
    I wear Uniqlo Airism v necks, too. And truth be told, they do little to help hide my nips when wearing thin shirts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •