Thread: Linen Sports Coats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Linen Sports Coats

I picked up a couple Ralph Lauren Linen Sports Coats from Macys (half off by the way - act quick) for the summer. Man do they wrinkle. I have heard a hand held steamer is the best solution for dewrinkling these. I have no experience with them. Any suggestions on which one to go with?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by migrabill View Post
    I picked up a couple Ralph Lauren Linen Sports Coats from Macys (half off by the way - act quick) for the summer. Man do they wrinkle. I have heard a hand held steamer is the best solution for dewrinkling these. I have no experience with them. Any suggestions on which one to go with?
    Linen is meant to wrinkle. Just roll with it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    “He was a bold man that first ate an oyster.”
    ― Jonathan Swift

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Yeah, you will be fighting a losing battle with linen friend.

Regardless, I purchased the $20 travel steamer from bed bath and have been pretty happy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)
    what they said. I usually do a linen blend because full linen wrinkles like a mo-fo.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    To an extent with linen you just have to embrace the wrinkles, hanging it for a few days will help some of them drop out and a steamer will also help, but unless you get it pressed its never going to be perfect (then once it is pressed and you wear it for half an hour it will be wrinkled again). I have found higher quality linen wrinkles much less, and darker colors show the wrinkles less. I have a cheap hand held steamer from amazon and it seems to do a decent job, I don't see the exact model on there anymore, but anything with decent reviews on there should get the job done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by migrabill View Post
    These sport coats are "Lauren Ralph Lauren" not the same as Ralph Lauren of "Polo", they are also fully lined. If you are looking for a fully lined summer blazer (kind of defeats the purpose imo) I would recommend the Stafford brand from JCP they have a cotton linen blend blazer, of similar build quality both are polyester lined and wrinkle a lot less than 100% linen.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny tim View Post
    These sport coats are "Lauren Ralph Lauren" not the same as Ralph Lauren of "Polo", they are also fully lined. If you are looking for a fully lined summer blazer (kind of defeats the purpose imo) I would recommend the Stafford brand from JCP they have a cotton linen blend blazer, of similar build quality both are polyester lined and wrinkle a lot less than 100% linen.
    I actually almost bought a mint green one of those on clearance today as it fit well and the wife was ok with it. I talked myself out of it because it's something I could only wear occasionally and it needed some waist suppression which would cost more than the jacket ($37)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny tim View Post
    Thanks for the recommend. I got one of these from JCP for $50 shipped.. not bad for the price.