Thread: JCF seersucker is only partially lined now

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

JCF seersucker is only partially lined now

I was on the fence between the JCF and BB Fitzgerald seersuckers last week, and opted to swing to the JCF, thinking if the fully-lined jacket got too stuffy at the Jazz Age Lawn Party this August, that I could just take it off and stick with the waistcoat. No big deal. (I came to this decision by the site's ambiguous "lined" description and a google turned up previous-year models that were in fact fully lined, as are most Thompson offerings)

A pleasant surprise then today when I opened the box and discovered the jacket has just a shoulder-height lining on the back, along with the front and arms. It's enough to help keep air circulating which works for me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    I was on the fence between the JCF and BB Fitzgerald seersuckers last week, and opted to swing to the JCF, thinking if the fully-lined jacket got too stuffy at the Jazz Age Lawn Party this August, that I could just take it off and stick with the waistcoat. No big deal. (I came to this decision by the site's ambiguous "lined" description and a google turned up previous-year models that were in fact fully lined, as are most Thompson offerings)

A pleasant surprise then today when I opened the box and discovered the jacket has just a shoulder-height lining on the back, along with the front and arms. It's enough to help keep air circulating which works for me.
    I remember seeing one in store and noticing the partial lining, but then seeing it described as "fully-lined" online. Glad to see someone else noticed. Thought I was going crazy there for a second.
    -6'1"
    -150 lbs.
    -9D

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Grateful it's just a proofreading error on their part. A teeny bit "overpadded" in the shoulder upon first try-on, but the jacket and waistcoat fit perfectly (haven't tried the pants on yet so they might need a bit of needlework) so it'll work for the one or two times a year I'm likely to wear it. MAAAYYYYBE three if we go to the DC Gatsby Lawn Party as well.

For $175 shipped for a 3-piece, I'm extremely happy with the purchase that's for sure.