Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brooks Brothers Suiting Sale

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Brooks Brothers Suiting Sale

Hello guys,
    I am in the market for a suit I can wear to weddings, job interviews and then once in a while at work when I need to dress up. My budget is sub 500. I know most of you love SuitSupply here, but their narrow pants especially in the thigh area kind of turns me off. At this price point is the Brooks Brothers suit the way to go since it's currently on sale? i tried to do a little seraching on the forums, but did not get a definitive answer. Your help is appreciated guys!

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2144 Post(s)
    If you can find a mainline BB suit for <$500 that fits, that would be a good buy. Another option that people around here (including me) like a lot is Spier & Mackay. J.Crew can be a good option if you can find one on sale and if the fit works for your body type.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)
    The BB sale suits aren't really your staple versatile suit with their patterns etc for sale. I didn't see any there that I'd say are a good staple navy blue or charcoal for the purposes you mentioned.

At your price point I'd go Spier and McKay. Amazing suits for the price and they are thigh friendly lol

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Try going in-store if you're able. I went to a local BB when they were having their 25% off sale and got them to apply it to a Suiting Essentials that a CS rep had told me over the phone it would not apply to.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    Big +1 on going to a local store. Mine applied discounts long since expired to a few things I had them order in because my size wasn't in stock in-store....no hassles whatsoever. I bet they'd be willing to put the discount on something that may not have it on the site.

I do need a new charcoal suit; my old one was a JAB that was pretty close to end of serviceable life. Hooked a friend up that needed one for an interview with the understanding it might work for another 10 wears or so, but the next trip to the cleaners would probably be its last.

S&M for me on that front, but I wouldn't hesitate to hit up BB for a non-staple in this sale. My local is doing a MTM event on the 29th. I have to remember to stay away from that, could get expensive fast.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    Actually scratch that, I just saw that several staple charcoal and navy suits are included in the sale. The 1818 line is $600 which is pretty tough to beat; all fits are included.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/mens/s...efault,sc.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    If you can find a mainline BB suit for <$500 that fits, that would be a good buy. Another option that people around here (including me) like a lot is Spier & Mackay. J.Crew can be a good option if you can find one on sale and if the fit works for your body type.
    I believe the Fitzgerald BB Suit comes out to like $518 if I am correct I plan on going to the store though to get sized and try their different cuts. I was thinking about Spier and Mackay and have been doing a lot of research into the company and if the BB suit doesn't work that is probably what I will end up doing. As for J. Crew I went and tried on the suits they felt nice, but I feel their versatile wool navy suits are never on sale and I need it for a wedding by the middle-end of May.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    The BB sale suits aren't really your staple versatile suit with their patterns etc for sale. I didn't see any there that I'd say are a good staple navy blue or charcoal for the purposes you mentioned.

At your price point I'd go Spier and McKay. Amazing suits for the price and they are thigh friendly lol
    I saw a Regent and a Fitzgerald at my price point that were both versatile wool navy suits. However the fact that you say they're thigh friendly may have sold me. Thanks a lot man

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    257 Post(s)
    http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-su...uit-394M395M01
    http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-su...uit-302T302U97

These Joseph Abboud suits are on clearance for $349.99. I picked one up in charcoal last week. These are the ones Joe reviewed when they debuted that are supposedly half-canvassed. I listed the modern fit ones but there are a few slim and extreme slim also although a lot of them are patterned or light grey.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    Is there a difference between suits/suit and suiting?