Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suitsupply Problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've also had the in-store tailoring twice and I won't do it again. They always convince me to keep everything very short and slim, but I'm never happy when I get them home. Had them fixed by my local tailor on both occasions.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    547 Post(s)
    Add another that did the in store tailoring. I only needed hemming done but they definitely shortened them higher than the slight break I believe they showed me in store. They seemed very fashionable and knowledgeable, so I went with it. After a year or so I had a tailor I trust fix that.

In general, the suits are amazing but I'd def have any alterations done elsewhere if looking for a classic look versus fashion forward.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warden182 View Post
    i love the look of my napoli navy pinstripe, but I wish I had done the alterations with a local tailor instead of in-store. Despite my voiced concern to the rep that I didn't want (and certainly don't have the physique for) "skinny" pants, I ended up with pants that were a good bit shorter and tighter than I would have liked. Tough pill to swallow when I think I spent $120 on their in-store tailoring to go with a $400 suit. I don't really know how fixable it is, so I still wear the suit...just not as much as I probably would if I was more comfortable with the fit.

I know this doesn't help the OP question at all, so sorry about that .
    Do you have any fit pictures of your pant? Are we talking about skinny jean/legging tight on the suit pant?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    581 Post(s)
    It's almost as if they're the antithesis to the "classic fit" from Brooks Brothers. Like someone at SuSu said "whoa, those tent-pants are extreme. Let's fix it!" and then proceeded to adapt the US military's method of skipping over a happy middle altogether and just going as far in the other direction as possible.

I do love the Lazios I have....but as I'm starting to put weight back on (the good way), I'm wondering how much longer I can get away with the stuff I have from them.

My S&M slim fit pants definitely have a bit more room in the booty and quads area, and about the same amount able to be let out if needed, so they'll definitely be with me longer methinks. A shame, because honestly I like the "less wheelhouse" stuff SuSu offers from time to time. Sure I have a standard navy (well, just slightly lighter than "business formal navy") that looks and wears great. Guess we'll just have to see what happens. Maybe get a pair of pants one size up if I get anything else from them in my current jacket size.....

Caffeinated ramblings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So right after I posted my updates on my nightmare spandex lazio pants, the manager of the customer service dept emailed me to apologize and asked for pics of the suits side-by-side to show the discrepancies. He also offered to give me a full credit for the purchase price. Not bad for a final sale outlet!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Update: I visited Suitsupply Dallas this past weekend. The manager met with me personally and said that there was more room in the seat of my pants, and when there's more room in the pants let out it makes the thigh area more comfortable. He assured me he'd seen a problem like this before, and he would put his top tailor on my case. "The difference will be night and day when you get your pants back." Basically, there's been some bad tailoring on my slacks. He also said if the pants still don't fit, they will send me a new suit. As most of you know, the customer service at SS is great, but I've been blown away with the customer service I've received thus far from them. The manager called me last week from his personal cell, discussed the problem with me, then dropped everything he was doing and took at look at the pants himself when I came in store. Hopefully, the pants fit!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    581 Post(s)
    Glad to hear you're both being taken care of so well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Their jackets fit me well, with the Lazio being virtually perfect for me off the rack (I'm 5 foot 9ish inches, 165ish pounds). However, I haven't purchased a Lazio because I'm not sure that warrants the extra $100 in price difference vs. the Napoli. However, I do really like the look of less padded shoulders...so much that I'm considering a Havana as my next buy since those shoulders are completely natural. Also, I've thought about just investing in SS sport coats from here on out, because the jackets fit well, and I'm not particular on slacks in any way. ALL my slacks are thrifted, and can usually have a local tailor make any adjustments for cheap also.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    The Lazio gets all the points right IMO: minimal padding, wide(r) lapels, low(r) button stance. And with welted pockets, it is quite versatile.