Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suitsupply Problems

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    y u gotta discriminate against big booties suitsupply?

Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    I've actually never heard of someone letting out the thighs of a pair of trousers, and I'm assuming most trousers are not designed to allow such. This thread is like a broken record when it comes to the one complaint I've heard about SuitSupply. These overly slim trousers have deterred me from getting any of their suits. I don't know why they continue to produce them so slim when it seems to be a prevalent problem. I'm pretty skinny and even I wouldn't want the kinds of trousers I've heard about with SuSu. Spier and Mackay Contemporary Fit trousers are more than slim enough for me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. I love that my SuSu suit pants only just barely fits. Whenever I want to skip leg day I just point to my pants and say I don't want them to stop fitting. You are ignoring the serious upsides here

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I had a better experience letting out the thighs/seat of a SS Napoli than S&M Contemporary fit using the same local tailor. I even got a 46R suit with 36 W pants to allow for the least amount of tailoring, but the pants fit oddly in the waist still. I also have to work to roll the pants up over my calves in both suits.

My kingdom for more classic fit pants with a slimmer/athletic cut jacket...this is why I've resorted to doing BB Suiting Essentials where you can get a Regent fit jacket with Madison fit pants or whatever mix and match you want.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    This thread is like a broken record when it comes to the one complaint I've heard about SuitSupply. These overly slim trousers have deterred me from getting any of their suits. I don't know why they continue to produce them so slim when it seems to be a prevalent problem. I'm pretty skinny and even I wouldn't want the kinds of trousers I've heard about with SuSu.
    Have you tried their trousers? Lots of guys say their trousers are just fine. SuitSupply seems to be selling plenty of trousers, too, so dismissing them based on what you hear online from a few unsatisfied customers may be ill-advised.

(Full disclosure, I have not tried their trousers.)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    272 Post(s)
    I own a SS York (or London for those across the pond). No issues with the trousers. I also own a BB Milano and would say that these require my phone and keys to go in my suit jacket. . For reference, I am a 38s in the former and 40s in the latter. I am 5'8" and 175lbs(currently), medium build.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    I was about to post something about this today.

Today, I went to wear my SuitSupply Lazio, which I got for my wedding in May 2015. I've only worn it a handful of times since, as I like to save it for special occasions. But today I was going to wear it when I noticed that there is already some wear in the crotch. I had always thought that the suit fits fine, as I'm relatively slim, but now I'm not sure. I can't understand why there's wear in the crotch after wearing it only about five times, and I've no idea how much more wear I'd get out of them before they wore through.

Are slim-fitting pants likely to wear through more quickly? Or is this likely just bad luck?

I haven't noticed it before but perhaps wool pants start showing wear early and then last a while longer, in the way that leather soles scuff up quickly but still last for a long time after that. I doubt that, but I don't know enough about it to say for sure.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    My guess is that tight fitting pants would experience more wear from the inside and possibly more pull on the crotch. That has been my experience with jeans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    i love the look of my napoli navy pinstripe, but I wish I had done the alterations with a local tailor instead of in-store. Despite my voiced concern to the rep that I didn't want (and certainly don't have the physique for) "skinny" pants, I ended up with pants that were a good bit shorter and tighter than I would have liked. Tough pill to swallow when I think I spent $120 on their in-store tailoring to go with a $400 suit. I don't really know how fixable it is, so I still wear the suit...just not as much as I probably would if I was more comfortable with the fit.

I know this doesn't help the OP question at all, so sorry about that .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got a Lazio linen in the January outlet and had similar problems. I have two prior Lazio suits in winter weight wool, so I expected the fit to be mostly similar, even though I figured the different materials might cause slight deviations. The differences were YUUUUUUUUGEEEE.

Pants: I couldn't even get them onto my calves because they were so tight. Took them to a tailor who let out an inch on each calf and the ankle; now I can get them on but they are skin tight on my calves and he can't let any more out. The pants are worthless to me but I can still wear the jacket as a blazer.
    Jacket: the sleeves were a full inch shorter than my other Lazio suits. Tailor let them out 3/4 inch and can't do any more. Looks good enough, but weird that the sizes are so different in the same style suit.

Edit for update: emailed customer service to see if there was anything they could do to help (maybe a credit or something, considering I have 4 suits and multiple ties from them). Nope. Outlet is final sale, next time try them on first, etc. They were very nice but couldn't help. welp.