Thread: Recommend me a watch strap

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Recommend me a watch strap

Hey folks, my Hamilton Khaki is strapless these days.

This is a total beater watch that I use for a lot of outdoor activities including swimming.

What would you recommend? If nylon, what colors would work with a black face?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I wore this on my Hamilton at one point. I liked the red stitching matching the tip of the second hand.

https://www.globalwatchband.com/stit...trap-20mm.html

Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1320 Post(s)
    If you wear it as a beater and for swimming I would recommend nylon or rubber. In terms of color... black dials go with just about any strap color, but IMO solid grey, navy, olive drab, or black/grey Bond stripes are generally the most understated and versatile. For something a little preppier, navy with a single white stripe or a single red stripe work surprisingly well with black dials.

For swimming and other summer wear, I have to say I prefer rubber over nylon since it takes a while for nylon straps to dry out and I don't care for the feel of soggy nylon holding my watch to my wrist.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Good ideas, guys. Thanks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    607 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    If you wear it as a beater and for swimming I would recommend nylon or rubber. In terms of color... black dials go with just about any strap color, but IMO solid grey, navy, olive drab, or black/grey Bond stripes are generally the most understated and versatile. For something a little preppier, navy with a single white stripe or a single red stripe work surprisingly well with black dials.

For swimming and other summer wear, I have to say I prefer rubber over nylon since it takes a while for nylon straps to dry out and I don't care for the feel of soggy nylon holding my watch to my wrist.
    I agree with all of that. For dry conditions I would use a miltary colored nylon strap. A desert sand type of color looks really good with it IMO. For water, you cant beat rubber. I think Hadley Roma or Hirsch used t have a water proof leather strap that had a silicone backing. They were like $90 but really cool.

Yeah, google wins!

http://www.hirschstraps.com/collecti...ormance-straps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go to Etsy and find someone who will make a nice horsemen leather strap for you. Chances are that it will be higher quality and much cheaper than anything else you'll buy.

Then go to Amazon and buy a cheap nylon strap. Problem solved.