Thread: Deleting Posts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Deleting Posts

Hi,

I want to delete my post in the Swap and Shop because the item sold.
    The FAQ states, "If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.
    To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit Post button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread."

I don't have an "edit" button like what's mentioned in the FAQ or like I see on other forums I am a member of.

Has the moderator turned this option off and if so, why on earth would they do so?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    317 Post(s)
    While I can't speak to the technical issue, if I may I'd like to lobby gently for leaving the post up and just marking it as having sold. This may allow someone else in the future who wishes to sell something similar to see what the item went for and adjust their pricing accordingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    While I can't speak to the technical issue, if I may I'd like to lobby gently for leaving the post up and just marking it as having sold. This may allow someone else in the future who wishes to sell something similar to see what the item went for and adjust their pricing accordingly.
    While I appreciate the reasoning here I also feel that what this contributes to is digital clutter. If I'm scrolling through looking for items to buy and an unknown amount of items on the "active" page are sold, then that's a waste of slots for items I could be seeing that are actually active and for sale. Also, I cannot edit my title so this means one must actually click into the item to find out it's sold. Multiply that by each page of active items you look at and one quickly realizes what a waste of search time this is.

I feel like the decision should be left up to the owner of the item if they'd like to leave the item up or remove it entirely. If they don't choose to remove the item, they should at least have the courtesy, and ability, to edit the title to allow for the word, "SOLD."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thin Man View Post
    Hi,

I want to delete my post in the Swap and Shop because the item sold.
    The FAQ states, "If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.
    To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit Post button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread."

I don't have an "edit" button like what's mentioned in the FAQ or like I see on other forums I am a member of.

Has the moderator turned this option off and if so, why on earth would they do so?
    I second this. Edit the title to mark it as sold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Agreed. Please add the ability for the creator of the thread to edit the thread title. There have been a few times when I've really wished I could mark a sales thread as "sold" in the title rather than forcing people to follow the thread to the end to see whether it's been sold yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, not being able to edit or delete posts is completely frustrating.