Thread: Help me find a new plan for my groomsmen???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Help me find a new plan for my groomsmen???

Hey guys,

I get married the first week of May - obviously, this means I'm running out of time to get my groomsmen suited up. We had a plan, my groomsmen sucked at executing the plan, and now their sizes are sold out. Soooooo.... I'm trying to rush to find a new solution that doesn't require them to rent - because buying a blue suit seems like a way better situation.

In any case, this is what I'm wearing:
    https://jennisandwarmann.uk/product/...id-tweed-suit/

I'm extremely happy with the quality and fit with it. That being said, it's obviously a little different. I'm hoping to get some blue suits that look good with that blue color and complement well. The original plan was to buy some cheaper suits from Combat Gent, but I wanted to ask around and see if y'all knew of any place I should specifically look?

Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    I'd figure out generally what color you want them to wear (I think mid to light grey, or mid to light blue would work well with your suit, or even brown could be cool), then just request that they purchase a wool or wool blend suit of their choice in that color (unless you want them all in tweed or another seasonal fabric) and strongly suggest that they get it tailored and have it ready to go two weeks before the wedding. If you search on here there are tons of in-depth threads about the pros and cons of having groomsmen in matching vs coordinated suits, i'd suggest you read up on that for the reasoning behind my recommendation.
    Last edited by Me27; March 3rd, 2017 at 03:20 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)
    There are plenty of threads with this general questioning and it seems the overwhelming majority suggest as @Me27 said ... give them style parameters but dont suggest a specific suit etc.

I'd tell them guys, please wear a blue suit. I'm happy to help you find one in your budget that fits the general look we are asking for the wedding and something you can keep and use going forward. This way you can steer them into the best bang for the buck without having to force them into a specific suit if they have one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I agree with the other posts. Since you have a slight time crunch (not an alarming one of course) I would choose a color scheme for them to shoot for then provide 4-5 options. Depends on your friends but I wouldn't trust mine to do it on their own. Can still do a Combat Gent, just not as a wedding package, JCrew Factory Thompson has navy and Voyager in light grey, Indochino, S&M, SS can all be varying priced options too. I'd have a rental option in mind if I were you, in case they continue to drop the ball.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)
    Do you really want tweed for a wedding? Will it be in the country? It's not the most versatile weave as it can't be worn in many offices and that shade blue is an odd color. If you're asking them to buy suits you might want to make it something more neutral that would get more wear later on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    389 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theplayerking View Post
    Do you really want tweed for a wedding? Will it be in the country? It's not the most versatile weave as it can't be worn in many offices and that shade blue is an odd color. If you're asking them to buy suits you might want to make it something more neutral that would get more wear later on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    +1

Also, could be hot.