Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Safety Razor Appreciation

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quoted
    991 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Yeah, I went with the JB product as I was in a pinch for shaving cream and decided to give it a try. Kind of waste of money. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the suggestion of Truefitt & Hill or GF Trumper. I'll have to keep an eye out for them.
    If youa re in a pinch and need to buy locally I rpefer the C.O. Bigelow stuff from Bath and Body Works, L'Occitane soaps or the Body Shop "croap". Or even the Vander Hagen puck someone else mentioned. those are everywhere. If you happen to have a barber supply store, proraso is good and cheap too.

For mail order, I like Stirling, Razorock, and Caties Bubbles. I have some other random stuff too but since those are the ones I remember...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Oh man, my face hates Proraso. Just goes to show that everybody's different. I see Proraso recommended a lot, but I get terrible razor burn when I use it.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quoted
    991 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrake View Post
    Oh man, my face hates Proraso. Just goes to show that everybody's different. I see Proraso recommended a lot, but I get terrible razor burn when I use it.
    Forbsure. And lather method makes a difference. There are so many options though, I see no reason to work hard to make something work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk