Thread: Goodthreads Pants

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Goodthreads Pants

Took the risk on the Amazon Goodthreads 5 Pocket Chinos. Got the Gray and "Olive" versions. Overall quality seems good for $30 pants. Material feels like my pair of well used Dockers Alphas, but with stretch. Very comfortable, relatively light feel, guess is it'll be decently cool. More stretch than I expected from only 1% Elastane. Waist has reasonable stretch too. Claim a straight fit. I'd call them more a slim straight. But, I'm a card carrying member of team thunder thighs. Definitely no extra thigh room, but with the stretch no worries. 30x32 seems more a 31 waist. Length is good. Colors are darker than my screens lead me to believe. Med Dark/Dark Gray, and the "Olive" is much more a rich Dark Green/Forrest Green to my eyes. I like it a lot, but definitely wouldn't call it olive. Looking forward to seeing how they wear, but I'm happy overall. Hope someone finds my rambling review useful!

JW

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    Would you mind measuring the width at the hem? Also, does the fabric bunch in the crotch or sag in the seat?

If you wouldn't mind posting a fit pic, it would be appreciated. The stock photos do not look very flattering for the reasons mentioned above.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    161 Post(s)
    I've been eyeing these but am hesitant to pull the trigger due to also being a member of team thunder thighs. Can you offer any comparison in fit to say, Bonobos Athletic fit, JCF Sutton or Levi 541? Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I'll snag some measurements when I get home later. And get some fit pics Mon when I wear them to work.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Here's a few measurements.

Front Rise 10.5in seam to top of waist
    Rear Rise 15in seam to top of waist
    Leg Opening 15in

JW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Here's some fit pics. Pardon the bad light, and poor quality. Didn't have a full length mirror. I didn't so much smoothing, so what you see is about as accurate as I can get to a "realwear" pic. Not much bunching, just a little sagging in the rear. Very comfortable with full movement no problem. The thighs have stretched just enough to not appear too tight now. Nicely trim lower leg. Get hung up on the boots after sitting. But no issues while walking. Overall I'm happy.

JW

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    161 Post(s)
    Looks good! Thanks for the pics and measurements. I'll have to order a pair or two myself.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    Looks good! Thanks for the pics and measurements. I'll have to order a pair or two myself.
    No problem. They seem as if they will breathe decently for warm weather too. Definitely not some high end item, but I wouldn't hesitate to get another pair when need arises.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    Thanks @gsxr1000man