Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lapel Issue on sport jacket

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Lapel Issue on sport jacket

I have a Bonobos sportcoat and the bottom part of the lapels aren't necessarily sitting "flat". It is almost like they need pressed so that they will lay flat vs. sticking out. From the side view when wearing the jacket it makes me look heavier than I am. I would post a pic but unsure how to do so. Anyone have a solution?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    Do the lapels lay flat when the jacket is on the hanger? If not there is a structural issue with the jacket and you should try to return it. If the lapels puff out only when you wear the jacket there is a fit issue. There are a number of issues that can cause this to happen, your best bet is to take it to a reputable tailor and have them look at it. Unless the jacket is sized incorrectly or cut in way that is drastically incompatible with your body it should be a pretty quick and affordable fix.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Can you see this image? How do I do the brackets if not?

https://imgur.com/gallery/ybzxc

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    The image is not showing up, but the link works.

That is a different issue then I thought you were describing in your OP so please disregard my first post. Just looking at that picture if you had not told me there was an issue with the jacket I would have never noticed a problem. Is it a new jacket? If it is I would return or exchange it immediately, if not I would take it to a tailor and have them look at it. They should very quickly be able to tell you if there is a structural issue causing the jacket not to drape correctly, or if it just needs to be pressed.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)
    I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, but people would die for some lapel roll (what you call sticking out lapel).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)
    The lapels are supposed to roll, not lay flat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Maybe it fits as it should then. Here is a front shot, you can't tell from this angle, but just wanted to share Anyways, lighting is poor ...maybe it's not so much lapel sticking out but from the bottom of the lapel to the bottom part of the jacket..is that all lapel roll?

https://imgur.com/gallery/xg3Uu

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quoted
    286 Post(s)
    This sir is a good thing. Carry on (and maybe tame that pocket square a bit)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    From the side view, does anyone see an issue with the bottom half of the jacket?

As far as the pocket square, I was going for a puff and tucked it in a little bit more after the photo. Ha

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    That is great lapel roll! Nothing wrong that i can see.