Thread: Timex Red Wing Waterbury - about $80

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

Timex Red Wing Waterbury - about $80

I was looking for a Red Wing Timex and google shopping showed them at an Italian (?) site called Klepsoo.com for $77 ($101 for the chronograph):

https://www.klepsoo.com/en/watches/timex/

After shipping and a 5% coupon (sale2017), I got the 40mm shipped to the USA for $81.15.

I have this nagging feeling that I just sent my money to a scammer, but the internet says Klepsoo is legit, and the internet never lies, right? Give it a try if you're feeling lucky.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Just read a long thread on watchuseek about the company, seems like they have good communication and legit, just takes some time to receive watches from across the pond.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)
    Thanks, Nandyn--I think I glanced at the same thread. Hardly due diligence, but I was up at 2:00 in the morning with a sick baby, so my judgment and impulse control were impaired . I'm glad you came to the same conclusion.

As a quick update--shortly after placing my order, I received an email saying that orders typically ship the same day, but that my particular watch would probably not be in stock for 8-10 days. But yesterday (Thursday) I received a shipping notification, and FedEx tracking says I'll receive the watch on Monday. Less than a week for international shipping, even with a delay, is not bad at all.

As for the too-good-to-be-true pricing, I suspect this is grey market--that is, Timex charges less in Europe, and if you can find someone to ship it cheap enough, you can take advantage. Current exchange rates may help, too. On the other hand, at least one other watch I was considering (a Citizen diver) is substantially more expensive from Klepsoo than it is from domestic sellers.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    That's awesome news about the watch. That's really quick shipment!