Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can We Be Honest For a Minute.....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Can We Be Honest For a Minute.....

Is anyone else getting really tired of seeing endless reviews of Chelsea boots? Don't get me wrong...I love to see reviews on new products. But I wish the majority of those reviews were focused on products other than one style of boot.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Not for me.

One reason maybe because the Chelsea boots are in-season right now.

The other one maybe you're just coming across them because you're are browsing Chelseas to buy? I mean these cookies are getting more and more clever each day...
    5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)
    I'm a big non-fan of Chelseas (the only pair I own, or have considered owning, is a rubber rain boot) and I have somehow managed not to be bothered by their appearance in any product reviews.
    Ben

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    I was just skimming the review on the main site and trying to come to terms with my general disinterest in chelsea boots. I agree that they do seem to be all over the site lately, but as mentioned above, tis the season I suppose.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    I was just skimming the review on the main site and trying to come to terms with my general disinterest in chelsea boots. I agree that they do seem to be all over the site lately, but as mentioned above, tis the season I suppose.
    Yeah I don't have much interest in them. I have actually considered buying a cheaper pair just to try out, it seems like they have so many fans on this site and others, maybe if i wore them for a while I would see the light.....but one way or another I can never bring myself to do it. George Harrison certainly pulled them off nicely, but I just don't think they are for me.

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quoted
    804 Post(s)
    Not my style either. Similar to wholecuts, I feel like they're missing something... namely, construction, and I feel like it throws off the style of the shoe. However, to each his own.

In terms of seeing them often, I agree they've been posted about a lot (on Dappered and other sites) recently, but don't think it's surprising. The Chelsea boot is a bit of a 'new' find in terms of current style, much like nicer/dress boots like the Dalton were, and before those, chukkas/desert boots. Their ultimate popularity for bloggers will pass in time and they'll fall back into the 'rotation' with those other shoe styles, if I were to guess. These types of trends are pretty cyclical, from what I can tell.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I don't hate them. I just gloss over it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    I had the same thought, but as others said it is the season. Boots in general for me, I just am not a fan. But I have a pair of Deacons I'm picking up tomorrow that I'm going to force myself to wear to try it out....

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    334 Post(s)
    Joe does seem to have trends where he seems to favor a certain style again and again and it wouldn't be surprising if it follows larger trends. It also has to do with what's on sale. Pretty much the content of the blog is the intersection of Joe's taste and what's on sale(or always low priced). A major exception being Ledbury shirts.

The Chelseas don't bother me. Sure, 5 of the 6 last style scenarios suggested chelsea boots, and that kinda makes them boring. The Style Scenarios that is. It fits with Joe's philosophy though. I don't think anyone would notice if it was always blue jeans he was featuring. I would more expect people to complain about the Ledbury shirts, being that they are a outlier in terms of price for dappered.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    303 Post(s)
    hate em