Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Image of the Invisible View Post
    I have had the same experience too TWICE. I haven't bought anything from S&M since, despite them having a great product at a good price. Each return I did was at least $25 (they were a year-2 years ago so cant remember exactly) because there is no ground shipping to Canada for larger items, as far as I have found. This makes buying from S&M very painful. I didn't get any insight on what the best practice would be from S&M customer service, which is frustrating but at least they are up front about it from the go.

I doubt anything will change as S&M seems to be growing well, but I would have to think if they solved the US return issue, they would only continue to grow even faster
    Operating from Canada has proven really difficult for anything outside the country. We're looking at a few solutions, but those are all a bit longer term.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    Operating from Canada has proven really difficult for anything outside the country. We're looking at a few solutions, but those are all a bit longer term.

Thanks for your response. I understand that any solution would have a cost (probably a high one) for you to assume if you took on more of the burden of return shipping and would be more of a long term strategy than a quick fix. Unfortunately larger retailers seem to have free returns as a bit of a norm, which causes us all to demand the same service from every retailer, despite the size or resources of a different retailer. Of course that return cost is usually rolled into the price of their items, but most of us just disregard that fact

I do like what you have done with your suiting, where your first order is returned for free (this will cause me to try your suits now). This could be a decent mid term fix, where customers in the US get their first order returned for free. Sure, that increase your cost with the shipping, and considering many may return due to it being their first contact with S&M... BUT the upside could be 1. Customers get a good idea of your quality/products at little to no risk and 2. I would assume most customers would then order more on their first order, knowing it can be more of a try on phase, which should lead to higher sales in their first order.

Despite this bit of a pain with shipping, you guys have a great product and great service and are really filling an important market segment. Depsite my experience I will be ordering again from you because of those things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    One of those rare moments you feel good about being based in Canada, from a shopper's perspective.