Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    I’m a fan of Spier and Mackay, but there’s one thing that totally confuses me. They seem to make all the right decisions for their styles in terms of the cuts and fabrics, but the tuxedos they sell only come with a clean leg, no satin stripe. Why wouldn’t you make the tuxedo trouser with the stripe?!
    Yes, please put piping on these. I understand why though as it would be impossible to sell the excess on their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I’ve been trying to find this answer everywhere but haven’t found it anywhere. I wear a 38R in JCrew slim fit Ludlow suit jackets. Does that translate to a slim fit 38R in S&M? Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I would say that sizes are pretty comparable ... I take a 40L in JCrew, but its hit and miss whether they are too tight in the body. S&M 40L contemporary usually fits me perfectly, but sometimes need to take the body in.

S&M are also great at helping with fit.. send them an email or call.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barnesy View Post
    I’ve been trying to find this answer everywhere but haven’t found it anywhere. I wear a 38R in JCrew slim fit Ludlow suit jackets. Does that translate to a slim fit 38R in S&M? Thanks in advance for your help guys.
    I'm sort of in between a 38R and 39R in J Crew's ludlow jackets and the 38R slim fit from S&M fit me perfectly except for the sleeve maybe being 1/4 inch too short.

If you want to know exactly how it will fit just measure your J Crew jacket and compare that to the measurements on S&M's website. I'm pretty sure they list specific size guides for all of their items.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abh159 View Post
    I'm sort of in between a 38R and 39R in J Crew's ludlow jackets and the 38R slim fit from S&M fit me perfectly except for the sleeve maybe being 1/4 inch too short.

If you want to know exactly how it will fit just measure your J Crew jacket and compare that to the measurements on S&M's website. I'm pretty sure they list specific size guides for all of their items.
    Oh, you’re probably spot on with the fit I’m looking for. From reading the great reviews to a good friend of mine raving about S&M, I’m ready to take the plunge on a suit. Thanks a ton for the response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otoba View Post
    I would say that sizes are pretty comparable ... I take a 40L in JCrew, but its hit and miss whether they are too tight in the body. S&M 40L contemporary usually fits me perfectly, but sometimes need to take the body in.

S&M are also great at helping with fit.. send them an email or call.
    Thanks. I did contact them but they asked to check their measurements against JCrew’s, but from experience real-life folks wearing the product normally produces a better assessment for me. All that to say, you guys have been very helpful.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Buy it soon!

S&M has 25% off all suits (exc full canvas and MTO/MTM) thru Thursday w SUITS25

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otoba View Post
    Buy it soon!

S&M has 25% off all suits (exc full canvas and MTO/MTM) thru Thursday w SUITS25
    Thanks man. I still have a 20% off I can use. I’m waiting until all gifts are delivered for my daughter’s birthday before pulling the trigger.