Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbear View Post
    how close is the sizing to suit supply? I find that suit supply fits me pretty well and I dont really fit most off the rack suits that well in the shoulders (but suit supply is also not the cheapest). I also wear 36s suit supply
    Pretty similar. I have a 36s SuSu Hudson jacket and a couple of 36s contemporary S&M jackets and they fit similarly in the shoulders. Both the Hudson and the S&M jackets have unpadded shoulders, so not sure how similar the padded jackets are. I’d guess similar although that’s an assumption on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    There's no difference in jacket length.
    Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    Not sure if this has been put out there before, but in case it hasn't.... S&M, I'd love to see you guys offer vests/waistcoats that match your core suit offerings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @SpierMackay any chance we start seeing 48R in the sportcoat and blazer lineup? Also, only one 48 suit available on the site. Are you exiting making 48R going forward?
    Last edited by PeninsulaCo; February 6th, 2018 at 08:42 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    Not sure if this has been put out there before, but in case it hasn't.... S&M, I'd love to see you guys offer vests/waistcoats that match your core suit offerings.
    Contact them and ask.

I messaged Rick via his Dappered account and had one made for C$150 to match a suit purchased shortly before. That was almost two years ago, however, so expect the price has gone up somewhat.

Self-backed, fully Bemberg lined, five button waistcoat. Only issue I had was that I wanted the same cut as used on the one nested three-piece stuff they had, and got a different cut. Relatively longer points in front, wider neck opening with a lower rear collar.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does anyone have insight into the best way to return items to Spier & MacKay from the U.S.?

The website says "Packages returning from the United States must be sent back via USPS Regular Ground service...". I went to the post office yesterday to try to return a suit I had ordered from S&M and was told a) you can't send anything to Canada USPS ground service, you can only ship it priority, and also the cost to send 1 suit is $45. That seems absurd. Especially since S&M only offers a $15 CAD store credit for the free return on the first suit or sportcoat.

I am extremely disappointed in this as it makes ordering from the U.S. cost prohibitive unless you are a 100% guaranteed the item will fit. And unfortunately, even though this is the 7th jacket (4 suits, 2 sports jackets) I've ordered from S&M in the last 3 years (all in the exact same size), for some reason this recent suit jacket I ordered is about an inch smaller in the chest and a half inch smaller in the shoulder than my previous 6 jackets. So now even though I thought I had a 100% guarantee that the suit would fit, I am now out $45 for return shipping. Very frustrating.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    291 Post(s)
    @Greenhorn S&M has been updating their fit and the Neapolitan fit has some changes that could account for the snugness of the jacket on you. As far as I know the only way to do a return is to contact customer service to get an RA# and then mail it out via usps. I'm not really sure what the shipping rates are but $45 sounds absurdly high. Is there any chance you paid for your order through PayPal? PayPal will cover the cost of sending a few returns each year.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does anyone have insight into the best way to return items to Spier & MacKay from the U.S.?

The website says "Packages returning from the United States must be sent back via USPS Regular Ground service...". I went to the post office yesterday to try to return a suit I had ordered from S&M and was told a) you can't send anything to Canada USPS ground service, you can only ship it priority, and also the cost to send 1 suit is $45. That seems absurd. Especially since S&M only offers a $15 CAD store credit for the free return on the first suit or sportcoat.

I am extremely disappointed in this as it makes ordering from the U.S. cost prohibitive unless you are a 100% guaranteed the item will fit. And unfortunately, even though this is the 7th jacket (4 suits, 2 sports jackets) I've ordered from S&M in the last 3 years (all in the exact same size), for some reason this recent suit jacket I ordered is about an inch smaller in the chest and a half inch smaller in the shoulder than my previous 6 jackets. So now even though I thought I had a 100% guarantee that the suit would fit, I am now out $45 for return shipping. Very frustrating.

I have had the same experience too TWICE. I haven't bought anything from S&M since, despite them having a great product at a good price. Each return I did was at least $25 (they were a year-2 years ago so cant remember exactly) because there is no ground shipping to Canada for larger items, as far as I have found. This makes buying from S&M very painful. I didn't get any insight on what the best practice would be from S&M customer service, which is frustrating but at least they are up front about it from the go.

I doubt anything will change as S&M seems to be growing well, but I would have to think if they solved the US return issue, they would only continue to grow even faster

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    @Greenhorn S&M has been updating their fit and the Neapolitan fit has some changes that could account for the snugness of the jacket on you. As far as I know the only way to do a return is to contact customer service to get an RA# and then mail it out via usps. I'm not really sure what the shipping rates are but $45 sounds absurdly high. Is there any chance you paid for your order through PayPal? PayPal will cover the cost of sending a few returns each year.
    It wasn't in their Neapolitan fit, it was the same as all my prior jackets. It's almost as if it was mislabeled, it feels a full size smaller (and measures a full size smaller).

I've emailed them a couple times in the last two weeks and have received no response. And unfortunately, I didn't order through PayPal, but that is good to know for the future. Thanks.

I love the quality of all the S&M jackets I've ordered and it would pain me to eliminate them as an option for future purchases, especially because I'm in need of at least one and probably 2 to 3 more sportcoats in the next year or two. And the fit of the jackets and pants have been absolutely spot on for me in all my prior purchases. But now I'm too spooked to order anything else in case I run into the same sizing/fit issue and get bitten in the a$$ again on the return shipping.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    292 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    It wasn't in their Neapolitan fit, it was the same as all my prior jackets. It's almost as if it was mislabeled, it feels a full size smaller (and measures a full size smaller).

I've emailed them a couple times in the last two weeks and have received no response. And unfortunately, I didn't order through PayPal, but that is good to know for the future. Thanks.

I love the quality of all the S&M jackets I've ordered and it would pain me to eliminate them as an option for future purchases, especially because I'm in need of at least one and probably 2 to 3 more sportcoats in the next year or two. And the fit of the jackets and pants have been absolutely spot on for me in all my prior purchases. But now I'm too spooked to order anything else in case I run into the same sizing/fit issue and get bitten in the a$$ again on the return shipping.
    If it's a spec issue we'll pick up the return. DM me the order# and I'll get shipping to get your an RA.