Thread: Spier and Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otoba View Post
    Update:

Many thanks for the help and comparisons ... all good to know and very much appreciated

I wear a 35" sleeve in Lands End and Brooks Bros, seems to land just right in most cases.

I tried a 40R in the S&M brown tweed. The sleeves were too short, showing over an inch of cuff, and would need letting out; the length of the whole jacket was ok, a tad short, but ok, as you say. I decided that it was not worth the expense of the full-price jacket plus tailoring. Maybe in a future sale ... and I guess I should try a 42L now that S&M have released those ...
    You probably need a 40L to be a great fit. We are thinking about rolling some out for spring. But final decision hasn't been made yet.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)
    Gents,

Our new USD site rolled out today. So for all US customers you will now see all pricing in USD and all transactions will be in USD. No more converting from USD to CAD, so you can save on the bank fees!
    Last edited by SpierMackay; November 9th, 2017 at 04:19 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    Do you have any info on just how spread your spread collar is. I'm enamored of the diamond weave shirt you have, but it only seems to come in full spread collar and I'm concerned it will look too broad on me. And also kicking myself for missing the deal you had recently.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Do you have any info on just how spread your spread collar is. I'm enamored of the diamond weave shirt you have, but it only seems to come in full spread collar and I'm concerned it will look too broad on me. And also kicking myself for missing the deal you had recently.
    It's approx. 6.5" spread. Do you have a particularly round face? This is really the only face shape that a full spread can look funny with. Square, triangular and oval shapes are perfectly fine.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)
    One Day Flash Sale on all remaining Botto Guiseppe Flannel Trousers: $79 CAD/$65 USD. Stocks are limited. Sale is part of our new Daily Flash Sale. Different item every day. Could be single item, a group of items or even an entire category. Check our Instagram daily for the deal.

https://www.instagram.com/spiermackay/

https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/.../trousers.html

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)
    Just started our $299 USD suit sale today. Got to use code SUITUSA if ordering from the USA. $375 CAD when ordering from Canada. Use code SUITCANADA. I know, unique codes....haha.
    https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/apparel/suits.html

Also, our Daily IG deal is pretty cool. All Abraham Moon Tweed Trousers are $125 CAD/$99 USD. One day only. Don't sleep on it, it's a flash sale.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Weren't the Guabello suits priced 448 cad? Now they are 448 usd. Looks like we lose the lower price from the currency conversion with the prices now in usd on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    291 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jfo2010 View Post
    Weren't the Guabello suits priced 448 cad? Now they are 448 usd. Looks like we lose the lower price from the currency conversion with the prices now in usd on the website.

I am not sure about the Guabello, but one I was looking at the other day is repriced from $250 CAD to $199 USD... but that's only a difference of <$3 vs. conversion.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    I am not sure about the Guabello, but one I was looking at the other day is repriced from $250 CAD to $199 USD... but that's only a difference of <$3 vs. conversion.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ok. Thanks. Maybe I am mistaken

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    So I'm looking at replacing my gray-suit-mainstay, and I'm looking at the Charcoal Sharkskin v. the Medium Gray. In online photos, I can't really see an appreciable difference in color (I know the sharkskin v. worsted difference). Anybody have a good photo of comparison?