Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)
    Just so you're aware, the shipping department needs some assistance, Order(100005866) I place on Jan 15th, was not updated until Jan 22nd where i was made aware some pants I had in the order weren't actually available, not sure why that took a week to let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'll add to that. I placed an order for pants and 3 shirts on Dec 28. Was informed on Jan 8 (11 days later) that the pants were out of stock, but they would check their warehouse to see if there was still a pair. They also asked if there were any pants I would be interested in as a replacement. I replied to them and chose a pair of pants to replace the pair I had originally ordered if they couldn't find any pairs of the original. I received no follow up until I was notified on Jan 11 that my order had shipped. I received my order on Jan 16 with the 3 shirts and replacement pants.

This was Order # 100005663. I understand that it was Boxing Week so customer service was likely flooded, but quicker notification that the pants were out of stock could be reasonably expected and a follow up email saying the original pants couldn't be found would have been appreciated.

Bottom line though, I love the pants and shirts I received. The quality is excellent, especially considering the prices during boxing week. I'll continue to be a returning customer, despite some customer service issues.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)
    SALE20 is on for %20 off sale items for anyone that missed it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Question to the folks at Spier & Mackay - any chance we'll see a double breasted jacket this spring?
    instagram.com/cutandbasted
    cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Quoted
    991 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdjackofclubs View Post
    Question to the folks at Spier & Mackay - any chance we'll see a double breasted jacket this spring?
    I feel like they have answered this somewhere else. DB jackets can be done MTM but for RTW, they have shied away.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I feel like they have answered this somewhere else. DB jackets can be done MTM but for RTW, they have shied away.
    Merci!
    instagram.com/cutandbasted
    cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have a question too: I was wondering if there are any plans to introduce a size 38L for either the Contemporary or Slim fit suits? The price to quality ratio seems great, but unfortunately I'm a tall slim guy with narrow shoulders who'd look funny in a 40L contemporary fit based on the measurements.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhizzy View Post
    I have a question too: I was wondering if there are any plans to introduce a size 38L for either the Contemporary or Slim fit suits? The price to quality ratio seems great, but unfortunately I'm a tall slim guy with narrow shoulders who'd look funny in a 40L contemporary fit based on the measurements.
    Not OTR in the short term. But we'll have MTO launched in March and you can order that size from 100s of fabrics.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    I'll add to that. I placed an order for pants and 3 shirts on Dec 28. Was informed on Jan 8 (11 days later) that the pants were out of stock, but they would check their warehouse to see if there was still a pair. They also asked if there were any pants I would be interested in as a replacement. I replied to them and chose a pair of pants to replace the pair I had originally ordered if they couldn't find any pairs of the original. I received no follow up until I was notified on Jan 11 that my order had shipped. I received my order on Jan 16 with the 3 shirts and replacement pants.

This was Order # 100005663. I understand that it was Boxing Week so customer service was likely flooded, but quicker notification that the pants were out of stock could be reasonably expected and a follow up email saying the original pants couldn't be found would have been appreciated.

Bottom line though, I love the pants and shirts I received. The quality is excellent, especially considering the prices during boxing week. I'll continue to be a returning customer, despite some customer service issues.
    Thanks for the candid feedback. I'll bring this up with CS and shipping. We've been working hard to correct OOS issues and have resolved the root cause for the most part but some occurances still fall through. You are absolutely correct in terms of communication. Most of the time shipping is trying to hunt down the item and don't contact the customer until they've exhausted the search, which is sometimes longer than the shipping window. This is something I'm aware of and working with CS and shipping on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    If I measure 43' chest and 32' waist and 35.5 sleeve, what size would you S&M recommend? I see that there is no 44 in the Slim Cut jacket.

Should I go 42 Contemporary or would I be better off waiting for the MTO that was mentioned. Also, is there any idea of what the MTO offering will cost? Thanks!