Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    So has anyone gotten their linen pants yet? Can you compare them with other SM fits? Would they run smaller or bigger than expected?

Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1768 Post(s)
    I don't have any of their linen pants but I will say that recent trousers I have received from S&M are noticeably more snug than trousers I have purchased in the same size and fit in previous years. Not sure if it's just a matter of QC or if their sizing/fit is evolving to become more slim over time.
    Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    890 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I don't have any of their linen pants but I will say that recent trousers I have received from S&M are noticeably more snug than trousers I have purchased in the same size and fit in previous years. Not sure if it's just a matter of QC or if their sizing/fit is evolving to become more slim over time.
    I have found it depends on the fabric with S&M pants. Two different fabrics can fit quite differently.

But come on LBD, we know you've been working on the GAINZ!

Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1768 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    But come on LBD, we know you've been working on the GAINZ!
    Well - so prior to the GAINZ I had been wearing size 30 contemporary trousers let out 1" in the waist (i.e. I could buy size 36R suits without having to swap the trousers). A year or so ago I also bought one of their cotton suits in my regular 36R and asked them to swap for size 32 contemporary trousers since I figured taking pants in slightly is probably better than letting them out.

Those pants were pretty loose at the time but I never got around to having them altered, because I ended up mostly wearing the jacket as a sport coat. I recently bought several pairs of size 32 contemporary trousers since I can't fit my size 30s anymore and unlike the cotton pants, which fit me fine currently, all the new ones I bought I've had to take to the tailor to have them let out in the waist/seat.
    Ben

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Well - so prior to the GAINZ I had been wearing size 30 contemporary trousers let out 1" in the waist (i.e. I could buy size 36R suits without having to swap the trousers). A year or so ago I also bought one of their cotton suits in my regular 36R and asked them to swap for size 32 contemporary trousers since I figured taking pants in slightly is probably better than letting them out.

Those pants were pretty loose at the time but I never got around to having them altered, because I ended up mostly wearing the jacket as a sport coat. I recently bought several pairs of size 32 contemporary trousers since I can't fit my size 30s anymore and unlike the cotton pants, which fit me fine currently, all the new ones I bought I've had to take to the tailor to have them let out in the waist/seat.

Exact same issue

34 Contemporary I have fit fine

34 Fresco fit but are a bit tighter than I expected

34 Sondrio are sausage casings I could barely get my legs in and a world different in size that the 34 contemporary, even the waist and rise wasn't close to the 34

All the sizes I got were contemporary fit

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    167 Post(s)
    Anyone else having an issue with the button holes on the polo?

I only button the first of the three holes, but after just a few wears, it’s become misshapen and won’t hold the button securely closed.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quoted
    306 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Anyone else having an issue with the button holes on the polo?

I only button the first of the three holes, but after just a few wears, it’s become misshapen and won’t hold the button securely closed.
    On the current ones or the older ones? Are you referring to the collar button or the top button on the placket?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    167 Post(s)
    Newer version of the button down collar. Lowest button on the placket.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    167 Post(s)

The land where squirrels work office jobs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    do their suits fit the same as suit supply? if I wear 38s in ss should I be fine ordering the same with sm?