Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    Regarding your Premium solid poplin dress shirt I am wondering what size to order in slim fit. Should I go with a 15 1/2 or a 16?

My chest measures 41 inches. I wear a 42R in a jacket and I usually wear 15 1/2 33 shirts from Brook Brothers as a comparison.

Thanks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Regarding your Premium solid poplin dress shirt I am wondering what size to order in slim fit. Should I go with a 15 1/2 or a 16?

My chest measures 41 inches. I wear a 42R in a jacket and I usually wear 15 1/2 33 shirts from Brook Brothers as a comparison.

Thanks.
    I suggest a 16. Brooks fits fairly full in comparison

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)
    Anyone have any experience with the linen popovers? I took a gamble during the 20% sale, but this thing seems wonky. Wideer in the chest/shoulders than all of my other S&M shirts in the same size and almost tunic length, making it too long to wear untucked. Is this normal? Was I wrong to think of a popover as an untucked/casual style?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    The popovers from last year wear done in a fuller cut. This was done to A) leave enough room to comfortably put on and take off the shirts and B) a popover is traditionally a roomier fit for added airflow.

I have the navy from last year and if it weren’t for the extra room I would not be able to put it on without worrying about tearing the seams. Hearing that yours is also much longer than normal is unusual though. Mine didn’t seem any longer than my other S&M shirts. Unfortunately I can’t compare it to any others as I have transitioned most of my shirts over to MTM by now.

@SpierMackay Maybe you can weigh in on this?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.C View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the linen popovers? I took a gamble during the 20% sale, but this thing seems wonky. Wideer in the chest/shoulders than all of my other S&M shirts in the same size and almost tunic length, making it too long to wear untucked. Is this normal? Was I wrong to think of a popover as an untucked/casual style?
    The width has to be bigger so you can get it over your head comfortably. Popovers are generally more relaxed and looser. The length should be the same though as a tuck in shirt.

DM me the size you picked up. I'll walk you through some measurements to check if the size is indeed correct. If it's off, you can send it back. np.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    493 Post(s)
    Does S&M no longer ship hangers with their clothes? Love their pants hangers and am a bit ocd having all mine match. My latest two pant order had no hangers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Guys, is there something wrong with your website? I get all kinds of weird error messages when I am on your site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    SpierMackay,

Hey! I've heard rumors that you are planning to shift to a selection for both collar size and sleeve length on your OCBDs. Is this true? If so, when?

If not, are you planning to restock your extra slim OCBD selection anytime soon? I'm need of your amazing collar roll but you're out of my size! Thank you.

- CaptDefias

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptDefias View Post
    SpierMackay,

Hey! I've heard rumors that you are planning to shift to a selection for both collar size and sleeve length on your OCBDs. Is this true? If so, when?

If not, are you planning to restock your extra slim OCBD selection anytime soon? I'm need of your amazing collar roll but you're out of my size! Thank you.

- CaptDefias
    They made the change over to allowing customers to chose their fit, collar size and sleeve length a while ago. IMO I would just go MTM a few oxfords instead of waiting on a restock as the current release schedule is still for spring/summer items.

The land where squirrels work office jobs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    has anyone tried their tropical weight suits? does it make a real difference in hot weather or is it just branding