Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A New Shoe E-Tailor Looking For Opinions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

A New Shoe E-Tailor Looking For Opinions

Hi There,

My name is Mark and I work for a company called Integrity Search, we are a marketing company who are working with a new shoe e-tailor Quarter & Last.

We are looking for opinions from people like the contributors of this forum about the products/brands we are offering, the information we are providing about these products and what we could do to (if anything) to make you more likely to purchase from us.

The url for the store is https://quarterandlast.com/

It would be fantastic to hear the thoughts on some of the members of the forum.

Thank you for your time.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    No complaints, really. The experience is the same from page to page. Filtering, whether left hand nav or in-page, is as expected on an eCommerce site. Although I didn't complete an order, that process seems fairly straightforward. If I can't have free shipping, 15 GBP to the US seems reasonable.

The selection is limited, but that may be because this is a new company or it may be by design. It's not as wide-ranging as something like Pediwear or Herring, but I do like the selections I see.

Here's my question back to you: why would I order from your site as opposed to Herring or Pediwear? I'm choosing those because I'm familiar with them and because they offer similar/same brands. I'm not asking that to be rude, I'm honestly asking about what differentiates your client's site. I work in Digital Marketing and I'm constantly asking my internal clients to tell me why our customers should buy from us as opposed to our competition that makes the same type of product.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    I'm not sure I understand the inclusion of the Mandela quote.

Also, the "where style is timeless and time is priceless" statement is a bit trite and is not imparting any meaning to a rather critical part of the top of your page.

It looks very slick, but I find the journal a bit jarring. I suppose it could be good to have content from a seller, but that content better be DAMNED good or it's filler and takes away from why I probably
    went to your site - to buy shoes. Looks a little like you're trying too hard to entertain me.

Aside from someone I know recommending something, the next best thing are online reviews. It may be premature, and it may not work with these brands or your plans, but if I can read review on your product, I will be more likely to buy it.

I also don't like that without knowing more about it, it looks like Quarter and Last make the shoes. I freely admit I know nothing about the brands listed, but I had to check Browse --> Brands to see that these
    were other brands you were selling. Most likely I am not your target audience and those who are would already know these brands, but for me it was a little confusing at first.

Nice layout, good pictures.

Good luck!

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Ditto the above, not really sure why I would order from another website vs. Q&L - particularly where it comes to Loake, Trickers, Cheaney, or RM Williams, all of which have established webstores.
    I personally find the selection of shoes to be a bit confusing - there are some gorgeous boots by RMW and Trickers, a few by Loake, and a few nice bluchers/oxfords but a whole lot of meh, particularly from Barker and Jeffrey West but Cheaney and Loake get in on it also. I don't see these two sets under the same roof . You have great product photography - but the lead pictures under the house branded shoe creams should be the color of the waxes/polishes, not the top of the caps! While I don't think I'm your target audience based on your model shots (tight fitting everything, very Instagram looks) and some of the listicle stuff under "Journal" posts, I found some of the blog content to be interesting. I would cut out the celeb stuff and focus more on shoe brand spotlights (w/ interviews and item highlights), shoe care (with mroe step by step pics/vids), and construction information. The copy you have is a decent start but it feels superficial and most of your posts would benefit from elaboration and depth.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    I like the filters and the search.

For the filters, I would like instead of having to press "+," if I could press the word to expand the options.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    558 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MediumTex View Post

Here's my question back to you: why would I order from your site as opposed to Herring or Pediwear? I'm choosing those because I'm familiar with them and because they offer similar/same brands. I'm not asking that to be rude, I'm honestly asking about what differentiates your client's site. I work in Digital Marketing and I'm constantly asking my internal clients to tell me why our customers should buy from us as opposed to our competition that makes the same type of product.

Good luck!
    I was wondering the same thing.

Also, @Integrity Search, as to the website design and content, I had to look around a little bit to discover whether you ship to the USA. It should be clearer without having to search.

And can you sell Loake to USA customers? I ask because Herring can't.
    Last edited by mebejoseph; November 22nd, 2019 at 01:35 PM.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    558 Post(s)
    Also, the filter on colors is limited to Black, Brown, and Blue. You should include Tan and Burgundy as well.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

I would like to thank you all for your quick and honest replies it's great feedback that I will present to my client. I will try my best to come back and answer the questions you have raised but thanks again for this.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    No. IDGAF about your marketing. Mods delete this.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2080 Post(s)
    IDGAF that UDGAF, they’ve been transparent about what they’re doing and not broken any forum rules. More tempted to delete your post tbh.
    Ben