Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Hi Guys. Our new line of sunglasses are up!

https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/...unglasses.html

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by identitycrisis View Post
    If I measure 43' chest and 32' waist and 35.5 sleeve, what size would you S&M recommend? I see that there is no 44 in the Slim Cut jacket.

Should I go 42 Contemporary or would I be better off waiting for the MTO that was mentioned. Also, is there any idea of what the MTO offering will cost? Thanks!
    A 42 contemporary should be fine with a 43 chest. You may need to nip the waist. A 42 slim may be a touch slim on the chest. MTO will start at $495 USD based on fabrics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    A 42 contemporary should be fine with a 43 chest. You may need to nip the waist. A 42 slim may be a touch slim on the chest. MTO will start at $495 USD based on fabrics.
    Thank you! I'm most concerned with getting a good fit on the chest and having room to bring the waist in without creating a break in the lapel.

I own a 42R blazer from J. Crew and while it fits my chest, trying to bring in the waist creates a break in the lapel.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by identitycrisis View Post
    Thank you! I'm most concerned with getting a good fit on the chest and having room to bring the waist in without creating a break in the lapel.

I own a 42R blazer from J. Crew and while it fits my chest, trying to bring in the waist creates a break in the lapel.
    you have an 11" drop which is quite dramatic, so you will need something close to the chest as a starting point. 7-8" drop OTR is generally Ok, but that little extra means bringing in the waist more than that jacket shape can handle. MTO would be the same. MTM is where you may need to be to get a dialed in fit.

Send me a DM and I can help you out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Will you include suits in your neopolitan cut for MTO?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    @SpierMackay I just saw on your instagram posts about the cotton sportcoats that they will have matching trousers. Do you know when they'll be up on the site? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    @SpierMackay Are you guys planning on planning to re-introduce some linen shirts for summer? I am especially interested in the grid weave one.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManJournals View Post
    @SpierMackay Are you guys planning on planning to re-introduce some linen shirts for summer? I am especially interested in the grid weave one.
    We are, but we won't be repeating exactly what we had last year except for the solids/basics.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    @SpierMackay - you mentioned on Instagram that you'll be releasing some new denim shirts. When can we expect those? Thanks!
    instagram.com/cutandbasted
    cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdjackofclubs View Post
    @SpierMackay - you mentioned on Instagram that you'll be releasing some new denim shirts. When can we expect those? Thanks!
    Very soon. They are en route to us now. Should be within the next couple of weeks.