Thread: Spier and Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    That is a sharp looking suit

Quote Originally Posted by AsianDapper View Post
    In relation what Hank mentioned above, 36 Slim isn't even a glove-fit for my shoulders, just the right amount but not looking like it was measured based on my mine.

To give you an idea of the fit:

And no, I really mean 34S.

Unless he has 38" chest, 38-sized jacket would be too loose for him.

And I don't know many 5'4" 135-lb guy who wears 38R/S jackets.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AsianDapper View Post
    In relation what Hank mentioned above, 36 Slim isn't even a glove-fit for my shoulders, just the right amount but not looking like it was measured based on my mine.

And no, I really mean 34S.

Unless he has 38" chest, 38-sized jacket would be too loose for him.

And I don't know many 5'4" 135-lb guy who wears 38R/S jackets.
    Sorry, your advice was a little confusing based on the sizing descriptions flatbear gave. He says a Ludlow 36S is a little narrow so I don't see how a 34S would fit. I thought you were saying that since a S&M Slim is a bit slimmer than the Ludlow, and a Ludlow 38S is a little big on flatbear, then a S&M Slim 38S could work.

I also don't think many 5'4" 135 lb guys would wear a size 38. That's why I thought a 36 Contemporary might be better (but I guess not based on Hanks experience).

I think your follow up post makes a lot of sense but I don't think that was clear in your first post. The first post you say the shoulder fit just right and the second you say the shoulders isn't a glove fit.

BTW, I remember you posting that picture in the WIWT thread and it was what made me go with S&M. I think you even helped me with a fit question so obviously you know what you're talking about. I'm sorry if this came off as combative as that wasn't my intent.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Sorry, your advice was a little confusing based on the sizing descriptions flatbear gave. He says a Ludlow 36S is a little narrow so I don't see how a 34S would fit. I thought you were saying that since a S&M Slim is a bit slimmer than the Ludlow, and a Ludlow 38S is a little big on flatbear, then a S&M Slim 38S could work.

I also don't think many 5'4" 135 lb guys would wear a size 38. That's why I thought a 36 Contemporary might be better (but I guess not based on Hanks experience).

I think your follow up post makes a lot of sense but I don't think that was clear in your first post. The first post you say the shoulder fit just right and the second you say the shoulders isn't a glove fit.

BTW, I remember you posting that picture in the WIWT thread and it was what made me go with S&M. I think you even helped me with a fit question so obviously you know what you're talking about. I'm sorry if this came off as combative as that wasn't my intent.
    No, not at all buddy

Glad to influence everyone in my own little way.

Now, if we only have more funds....
    5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpd362 View Post
    That is a sharp looking suit
    Thank you good sir.
    5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Perusing another forum, I noticed that there seem to be cotton sportcoats on the way, though I thought Rick said here that the hopsacks would be the only S/S sportcoats this year.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/383376/s...0#post_8787014

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    I inquired to Customer Service about MTO sportcoats and was informed that a few of their spring suits will have patch pockets and soft shoulders just like their sport coats. They will have lighter colors and patterns coming in mid-late April

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    The Cotton Jackets are actually part of a cotton suit. 2 colours. Light Tan and Bright Navy. But it's more casual and can be broken up and worn as a sportcoat. Patch pockets, unpadded shoulder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    @SpierMackay I emailed info@spierandmackay.com asking about a return or exchange for order 23521 and have not heard back yet. Is there a better way to get in contact?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbottsc View Post
    @SpierMackay I emailed info@spierandmackay.com asking about a return or exchange for order 23521 and have not heard back yet. Is there a better way to get in contact?
    Sherry should have replied to you by now.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    It feels so wrong that this thread is in this forum and that CG still has their thread in the main forum...