Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpd362 View Post
    @SpierMackay how does the made to order program work? I am on the hunt for a double breasted suit. I cannot do made to measure due to the distance from the main shops. I love the fit of the contemporary suit and would only make small alterations (sleeve length and over length increased by 0.5"). How much more is a made to order item?
    MTO is generally +30% over the regular OTR price. So Approx. $580 CAD for MTO. You can adjust sleeve length, body length and torso width (chest, waist, hip). Shoulder style, pocket style, lapel style/size, vents. Takes approx. 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbottsc View Post
    @SpierMackay how does first US return work for bundled items? I'm looking to pick up a number of suits so I want to take advantage of the bundle pricing but am not completely confident re: pant fit (afraid I might be a slim jacket but a contemporary pant, but not sure) so I'm anticipating a possible return once I pull the trigger.

Also is there any plan for trouser separates for the new Guabello suits?

Thanks!
    If it's your first return, it's on us.

There are trouser separates in the Guabello. Just not uploaded yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    @SpierMackay How does the new midnight navy compare in color to the old navy sport coats and how does it compare to the blue 3/2 roll? I'd imagine its darker than the previous navy but hoping its not as dark as the blue 3/2 roll. How does the bright blue compare?

And just to confirm, will you be stocking matching trouser separates for both the midnight navy and bright blue?
    It's similar to the 3 roll 2. It's an inky blue/midnight. Not as bright as the first 2 button version. But it is a Navy. Trousers will be stocked hopefully by the end of this week.

Quote Originally Posted by burban View Post
    @SpierMackay Asked this in another thread, but how do the new 100% wool hopsacks compare to the 73/27 wool/linen blazers from last year as far as weight and usefulness for spring/summer weather?
    Different animal. These are proper hopsacks. Great for all year weather. Jacket is 1/4 lined so breathes very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    @SpierMackay Are there more summer Sportcoats on the horizon? I am
    Looking for linen blends in grey and brown.
    Nothing planned unfortunately. Couldn't get the fabrics we wanted for prices that worked. Fall on the other hand is going to be bonkers.

We can MTO a jacket in Linen blends from HMS/Gladson.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    It's similar to the 3 roll 2. It's an inky blue/midnight. Not as bright as the first 2 button version. But it is a Navy. Trousers will be stocked hopefully by the end of this week.
    Thank you. How does the bright blue compare in color? Is it a lighter shade of navy or more of a true blue. Which of the two new options would be closest to the previous navy color? Its hard to gauge the color differences on the computer screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Thank you. How does the bright blue compare in color? Is it a lighter shade of navy or more of a true blue. Which of the two new options would be closest to the previous navy color? Its hard to gauge the color differences on the computer screen.
    Interested to know as well. And to piggyback on Geo's question: In your opinion, which would be the more versatile color in terms of pairing with various trouser/shirt combinations? (My head says the midnight navy, but my heart wants the brighter blue... it's a beautiful color!)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    The bright blue is exactly that. Brighter and more saturated. I's a very rich blue, almost like a royal blue. The midnight is closer to a true navy and closest to the previous two.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestCoast View Post
    Interested to know as well. And to piggyback on Geo's question: In your opinion, which would be the more versatile color in terms of pairing with various trouser/shirt combinations? (My head says the midnight navy, but my heart wants the brighter blue... it's a beautiful color!)
    The Midnight Navy is the more traditional of the two and would be more versatile. But I personally loved the bright blue when I saw the swatch, we knew we had to make it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)
    The bright blue is exactly that. Brighter and more saturated. I's a very rich blue, almost like a royal blue. The midnight is closer to a true navy and closest to the previous two.
    Awesome. That's what I figured but just wanted to make sure. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    The Midnight Navy is the more traditional of the two and would be more versatile. But I personally loved the bright blue when I saw the swatch, we knew we had to make it.
    Thanks for the reply. Will place an order once the matching trousers are available on your website. Had a couple of sizing related questions, so just shot you a PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    The pictures of the bright blue hopsack on your web site seem much darker than your royal blue suits. I know that photography of suits and sportcoats is difficult, as fabrics of different weaves come across differently depending on the lighting, so I am not being critical here. But I am wondering what it could be closest to "in real life." Would it be more like the marine navy blue suit than the royal blue suit? Or to the blue texture suit that colHolm has posted pictures of? Just wanting to get a clearer idea, and hope you don't feel like I'm busting your chops on this, as that is not my intent. Thanks.
    Matt Dalton

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdalton View Post
    The pictures of the bright blue hopsack on your web site seem much darker than your royal blue suits. I know that photography of suits and sportcoats is difficult, as fabrics of different weaves come across differently depending on the lighting, so I am not being critical here. But I am wondering what it could be closest to "in real life." Would it be more like the marine navy blue suit than the royal blue suit? Or to the blue texture suit that colHolm has posted pictures of? Just wanting to get a clearer idea, and hope you don't feel like I'm busting your chops on this, as that is not my intent. Thanks.
    It is darker than the royal blue suit. That's why I was careful to use the word almost...haha. But it is in the same family for sure. It is fair to say that it is more in line with our previous marine navy, that's a good comparison.

The land where squirrels work office jobs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Does this size closer to combatent gent or j crew ludlow? I find that jcrew 38s the shoulders are too wide and the 36s the shoulders are too short/tight. 38s in combatent gent is better for me but the shoulders are still a bit wide. I'm 5'4 and 135 lbs so kind of short but not really fat or skinny. @SpierMackay