Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbear View Post
    has anyone tried their tropical weight suits? does it make a real difference in hot weather or is it just branding
    Tropical weight is not a branding thing. It is factual and yes, it does make a difference in hot weather. I live in Atlanta and have several tropical weight and fresco suits that are absolutely perfect for warm weather.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Spier and Mackay

SM really needs to get it together.
    Placed an order on the 28th of April for the white linen blend and blue strip linen blend shirts. Now 9 days later they email to say hey the stripped shirt is sold out. Really?? 9 days!!!!!! It wasn’t sold out when I paid for it. No offer of apology or nothing.
    Last edited by jfo2010; May 7th, 2019 at 01:21 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)
    Just wish they'd restock a bit before the sale. Can't spend my money, sale or not, if the product is not in stock.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

How is the length of the jackets determined? For example, would the 40R Contemporary fit be 29.9 from the top of the collar, or the bottom? Thanks!
    instagram.com/cutandbasted
    cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)
    @SpierMackay, sent a pm about an order I'm trying to place. I'm sure you guys are busy, would it be better to try calling a store?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)
    Love S&M's fit but they need to bring in a better web technician. Their search feature is a mess. Trying to find a new suit during their sale. I put in 40R contemporary. It's showing suits out of stock, slim suits, suits that are not available in 40R. Then if I do the old scroll through everything I see suits the search didn't bring up available in my size. It makes it difficult.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I think I’ve seen Rick mention they are in the process of overhauling the site but that it takes a while. Not sure of the timeframe but it seems to be a known issue to them. The out of stock situation is just as annoying, 10 days after ordering you get an email saying it’s out of stock.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdjackofclubs View Post
    How is the length of the jackets determined? For example, would the 40R Contemporary fit be 29.9 from the top of the collar, or the bottom? Thanks!
    Length measurements are from the base of the collar, at the seam. This used to be stated in the fit guide, but it appears to have been lost when the site was updated.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)
    How does the sizing on the cotton trousers compare to the suits? On the suits in my 33 waist it says 27" thigh and on the cotton trousers it says 24.5 ... is that right? Am I misreading it or interpreting it?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)
    Does anyone have some real life pics of the burgundy suit? I want to see how burgundy in real life situations.