Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    That's not correct. What Item are you looking at. Can you link it. Thanks.
    I was just wondering more in general the difference between the contemporary and slim in sport coats/suit jackets. I received an e-mail from customer service as well which answered my question. I am curious as to what is not correct though. Something in my post, or the size guide I linked to?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    I was just wondering more in general the difference between the contemporary and slim in sport coats/suit jackets. I received an e-mail from customer service as well which answered my question. I am curious as to what is not correct though. Something in my post, or the size guide I linked to?
    I don't see a link. Can you copy/paste the link here to the item you are looking at? Or are you looking at the general fit guide size chart?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I don't see a link. Can you copy/paste the link here to the item you are looking at? Or are you looking at the general fit guide size chart?
    https://www.spierandmackay.com/size-guide

I was looking at the general size chart, but it's the same as the size chart linked to any sport coat I look at as well?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    https://www.spierandmackay.com/size-guide

I was looking at the general size chart, but it's the same as the size chart linked to any sport coat I look at as well?
    On the general chart there is a difference between the slim and contemporary. The contemporary is on average 1" larger in the chest and 1.25" larger in the waist compared to the same size slim. It's not a huge difference, but other proportions are also adjusted making the fit in the jackets quite noticeable.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    C'mon black friday....daddy needs new pants.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)
    Would shortening the sleeves on the extra slim fit shirts by 2 inches have any adverse effects? I know it can be done. Just not sure if it will look akward.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Would shortening the sleeves on the extra slim fit shirts by 2 inches have any adverse effects? I know it can be done. Just not sure if it will look akward.
    Not if the tailor also moves the placket. The sleeve pleats will be a little deeper. Other than that, not too much. What sleeve length do you need and in what size?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)
    Not if the tailor also moves the placket. The sleeve pleats will be a little deeper. Other than that, not too much. What sleeve length do you need and in what size?
    I wear size 15 x 32. I've shortened sleeves by 2 inches before but it looked awkward because it was significantly wider two inches up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Just going to mention, depending on the material, if it's their lighter ones, then wash the shirts a few times first! I lost 0.5 - 1" in sleeve length and had to donate my shirts, but the heavy weight ones are still going strong without issue.

Would suck to tailor then have it shrink

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Gents, Black Friday is Live: Use Code: BF2018

20% Off Site Wide. Includes Bundles and Sale Merch. https://www.spierandmackay.com/

Enjoy!