Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Is the only difference between the Slim and Contemporary fit sport coats a little bit in length and through the waist? According to the website the chest and shoulder measurements are identical. Wondering if anyone else has experience with both.
    Last edited by mah; November 1st, 2018 at 01:51 PM. Reason: typo

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Is the only difference between the Slim and Contemporary fit sport coats a little bit in length and through the waist? According to the website the chest and shoulder measurements are identical. Wondering if anyone else has experience with both.
    I can't help but think you are reading the size charts incorrectly. There is NO difference in length between contemporary and slim. Shoulder measurements are the same but waist, chest, sleeve width (around the biceps) and the armhole are all slightly larger on a contemporary vs a slim.

When you're looking at the size chart are you sure you are toggling (at the top of the charts) between contemporary and slim?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    I can't help but think you are reading the size charts incorrectly. There is NO difference in length between contemporary and slim. Shoulder measurements are the same but waist, chest, sleeve width (around the biceps) and the armhole are all slightly larger on a contemporary vs a slim.

When you're looking at the size chart are you sure you are toggling (at the top of the charts) between contemporary and slim?
    Yes, which was why I was confused in the first place. I assumed the chest/shoulders would different. According to their chart, the chest on a size 42 is 44.9 in slim and contemporary, and shoulder is 18.5 on both. However, length is listed as 30.1 for the slim and 30.3 for the contemporary. I e-mailed them but have not received a response. https://www.spierandmackay.com/size-guide

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Yes, which was why I was confused in the first place. I assumed the chest/shoulders would different. According to their chart, the chest on a size 42 is 44.9 in slim and contemporary, and shoulder is 18.5 on both. However, length is listed as 30.1 for the slim and 30.3 for the contemporary. I e-mailed them but have not received a response. https://www.spierandmackay.com/size-guide
    That's not correct. What Item are you looking at. Can you link it. Thanks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    **EDIT**

Looks like S&M beat me to it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if their pants all come the same length? I know they come unhemmed, but I just tried getting a pair hemmed by a tailor and when I picked them up they were still unhemmed and he claimed that they came shorter than the length I wanted them hemmed to. I'd be equally bewildered by S&M selling pants unhemmed at less than a 32 inch inseam or by this tailor cutting them too short and then faking an unfinished hem to get off the hook, but I guess it has to be one of those two.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skewl View Post
    Does anyone know if their pants all come the same length? I know they come unhemmed, but I just tried getting a pair hemmed by a tailor and when I picked them up they were still unhemmed and he claimed that they came shorter than the length I wanted them hemmed to. I'd be equally bewildered by S&M selling pants unhemmed at less than a 32 inch inseam or by this tailor cutting them too short and then faking an unfinished hem to get off the hook, but I guess it has to be one of those two.
    Why didn't your tailor mention that when you dropped them off? FWIW the unfinished inseam on all their trousers inseam definitely supposed to be the same across all of them. I'm not sure what the actual number is but in my experience I'd say at a minimum of 34 inches.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    I believe they are 37in from S&M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Generally 37" unfinished inseam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    Generally 37" unfinished inseam.
    Thanks for the response. Thankfully I bought 2 pairs and my favorite of the two came out properly hemmed, so not sure what to do with the second. If anyone with a <32 in inseam needs a winter-weight pair of blue wool dress pants, hmu!