Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I received my navy hopsack sport coat but its going back. I think its to tight and hoping an exchange for a contemporary fit would be better. I posted this link in the "How does it fit" thread. Opinions welcome.

http://imgur.com/a/8buoR
    I think shoulders are spot on, sleeves too long and maybe a tad snug in waist, but not a deal breaker.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Spier and Mackay

Have waist let out .25 on each side and shorten sleeves. Then you're in business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jfo2010; January 8th, 2017 at 12:14 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    Thanks @SocratesRising and @jfo2010. Unfortunately, I still had to send it back because of a defect in the fabric. I'll stick with the slim fit when they restock but I really wish they'd run more of the navy two button sport coats.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    @SpierMackay Any chance I can get an ETA on order 21091? I'm sure you were inundated with other Black Friday orders, rough estimate would be fine

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Are there any differences besides tail length and sleeve length between a regular and a long? The long is only 1.5 inches longer in the back than my current spier and mackay suit which is actually just about what I would like (prefer a longer tail). I would obviously need the sleeves shortened almost two inches but don't see that being a real problem but wanted to know if there's anything I'm not thinking of.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Nope, a long is pretty much what you would expect. Longer jacket and sleeve length than a regular

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    Nope, a long is pretty much what you would expect. Longer jacket and sleeve length than a regular
    I didn't know if the front pockets and button stance would also be lowered down. That would make it sit slightly differently.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Further 20% reduction on sale items to make way for S/S 17 stuff. SALEON is the code.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Was a real reason ever given as to why the original Spier and Mackay thread was closed? I noticed Rick hasn't posted in this one at all... I'd really love to take advantage of the extra 20% off they have going on right now, but the request to have the thread closed is a bit concerning. Is it foreshadowing something or am I just over-analyzing? Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1063 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iviustang50h View Post
    Was a real reason ever given as to why the original Spier and Mackay thread was closed? I noticed Rick hasn't posted in this one at all... I'd really love to take advantage of the extra 20% off they have going on right now, but the request to have the thread closed is a bit concerning. Is it foreshadowing something or am I just over-analyzing? Thanks.
    Said the original poster, who was not Rick but another forum member, wanted it closed. Was odd to me considering Combatant Gent is still there.