Thread: Spier and Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperedHoo View Post
    Same with 42L contemporary
    And 46L contemporary. I'm worried they won't restock basics like the navy hopsack in the future in that size.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burban View Post
    Just got an email with a 2 suits for $750 deal. This isn't any better than the usual bundle deal for the regular stock of suits, but does make a decent discount on their more premium Guabello suits. Runs through next Monday.
    It's 2 suits from $750, knocking an additional $23/suit on a bundle. essentially save $73 CAD/suit. Brings the regular line to under $300 USD and the Guabello to about $375 USD each.

Any idea on the lapel width for the new hopsacks?
    3.5" on the 40. Scale up/down 1/8" on each size from there.

Same with 42L contemporary
    42L contemporary should be cut in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    38 slim would probably be a stretch for me as I have narrow shoulders relative to my torso size and the shoulders on the 36 contemporary are already borderline big. Sigh.
    Shoulder is identical on the two fits. The slim just narrows the chest slightly and the waist by approx. 2". That said, unstructured jackets fit much more generously because the lack of canvas.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    And 46L contemporary. I'm worried they won't restock basics like the navy hopsack in the future in that size.
    Spring is looking like we'll be bringing back 38 Contemporary Shorts as well as a few other sizes. 46L is in discussion if we can make the cut happen. We have to balance the fabric purchase with the minimum/size production run. They don't necessary add up smoothly, as the mills sell the fabric in finite rolls.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    Spring is looking like we'll be bringing back 38 Contemporary Shorts as well as a few other sizes. 46L is in discussion if we can make the cut happen. We have to balance the fabric purchase with the minimum/size production run. They don't necessary add up smoothly, as the mills sell the fabric in finite rolls.
    Thanks for the swift replies. Are suits still regularly going to be available in 46L, or are those TBD as well?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Thanks for the swift replies. Are suits still regularly going to be available in 46L, or are those TBD as well?
    Those are TBD, but if we run it in the sportcoats, we'll run it in the suits as well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Gents,

Doing $50 CAD off all outerwear this week: Use Code: COAT50
    https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/...outerwear.html

Also last chance on $50 Off All Regular Priced suits: Use Code SUIT50
    https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/apparel/suits.html

And Finally, today is the last day for pre-orders on the sportcoats. Stocks are in and start shipping out tomorrow.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Your size 36S Slim blazer are just about a perfect fit for me, would you recommend a Size 36 or 38 in the Peacoat?

Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    Gents,

Doing $50 CAD off all outerwear this week: Use Code: COAT50
    https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/...outerwear.html

Also last chance on $50 Off All Regular Priced suits: Use Code SUIT50

And Finally, today is the last day for pre-orders on the sportcoats. Stocks are in and start shipping out tomorrow.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by erock View Post
    Your size 36S Slim blazer are just about a perfect fit for me, would you recommend a Size 36 or 38 in the Peacoat?
    If you wear it like you would a normal jacket, then stay with your same size.

If you plan on wearing it over another jacket, like a sportcoat or suit, size up.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Gents, we need to clear out some shirt inventory so we're running a pretty ridiculous sale. Save an additional $10/shirt when you purchase 4 or more regular priced dress shirts.

This drops white labels shirts to $35 CAD ($27 USD) and Black Label shirts to $45 CAD ($35 USD).

This is at or less than CT Shirts or TM Lewin, and you are getting superior fabrics, construction, buttons, pattern matching, collars.

No promo code needed. Discount kicks in when 4th shirt is added to the cart.

Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Looking at getting some shirts, but I can't seem to find a sleeve size that matches. I currently wear CT Extra Slim Fit 16/34. Do you have something that would fit the same? Looking at the size chart, it looks like the contemporary fit in 15.5 is the closest, but the sleeves maybe an inch longer from what I can see.