Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Gents, PANTS15 will get you 15% off pants through Monday. Unadvertised other than word of mouth.
    Just gave me the excuse I've been looking for to try out their new moleskin pants.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Just got an email with a 2 suits for $750 deal. This isn't any better than the usual bundle deal for the regular stock of suits, but does make a decent discount on their more premium Guabello suits. Runs through next Monday.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    New sport coats are on the site. I am waiting for a couple reviews as completely unstructured may be a deal breaker for me. https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/...portcoats.html

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    The slubs are too rich for my blood which I was expecting (Rick briefly touched on pricing a while back on SF) but I'm glad to see some new stock for the hopsacks. Sadly I'm going to have to hold off on any purchases for a while, hopefully I can pick up one or two of them on sale later.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Any idea on the lapel width for the new hopsacks?

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    Not many new jackets being produced in 36R contemporary. That would be a big blow to me if they stop or reduce offerings in my size...
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Same with 42L contemporary

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Spier and Mackay

Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Not many new jackets being produced in 36R contemporary. That would be a big blow to me if they stop or reduce offerings in my size...
    Rick actually addressed this over on SF. There were a couple of sizes that surprisingly underperformed in sales which for a small company like S&M wasn't great. They discontinued a couple of sizes because of it but there has been a lot of feedback requesting those sizes to come back, especially 36 contemporary, and I think Rick has mentioned that he is trying to work out a way to do so.

The 36s contemporary fits me pretty well too, FWIW it has been mentioned that a 38 slim wears very similar to a 36 contemporary. I've been meaning to give that a try but due to limited offerings (until recently), and now not having the budget, I just haven't been able to test that.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    38 slim would probably be a stretch for me as I have narrow shoulders relative to my torso size and the shoulders on the 36 contemporary are already borderline big. Sigh.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Waiting for these to be available in store. I love the bright blue hopsack jacket that I own from S&M. It's very light, comfortable and beautiful. Received several compliments especially when I wear that with my sand chinos.