Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post
    @SpierMackay (and anyone else who feels like weighing in), quick question on your trousers: is it possible/advisable to widen the legs by 1/4" or so from the knee down? And if so, could your tailors do so prior to shipping? Or is this something best accomplished via MTO/MTM?

I wear a 34 contemporary, which fits well overall, but a little more room in the lower leg would be ideal, with a hem opening around 8.25" or so. Based on the one pair of SM trousers I have, it seems like the fabric is there to enable them to be let out slightly, but my tailor didn't seem to want to pursue it when I brought it up.
    There is a 1/4" on each side of the seam. So it is possible. We've done it for other customers. You can open the seam right up to to the surge stitch.

We can do it before shipping, but once the trouser is altered, it cannot be returned unfortunately.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    There is a 1/4" on each side of the seam. So it is possible. We've done it for other customers. You can open the seam right up to to the surge stitch.

We can do it before shipping, but once the trouser is altered, it cannot be returned unfortunately.
    Fair enough - thanks for the quick response!
    “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
    "The mood will pass, sir.”

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperedHoo View Post
    Sounds like a great deal Rick! Any ETA on the new button down polos for this year?
    I've been wondering about the polos as well, any new colours this year?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Sorry to break the bad news, but the polos are cancelled for this year. They didn't pass the final quality control inspection. There were some issues with both shrinkage and the collars. We were really excited about them too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    No worries, thanks for the heads up Rick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey Rick is it possible to get pants pre-hemmed when making an order?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Took advantage of the sale and picked up the copper linen suit and a pair of mid gray slacks. Was a tough call passing up on one of the new Neapolitan suits, but had to keep my budget intact (for now).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    Sorry to break the bad news, but the polos are cancelled for this year. They didn't pass the final quality control inspection. There were some issues with both shrinkage and the collars. We were really excited about them too.
    Sorry to hear about this. I was looking forward to seeing the new polos, but I like the fact that you guys are willing to take a risk on something like this.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestCoast View Post
    Took advantage of the sale and picked up the copper linen suit and a pair of mid gray slacks. Was a tough call passing up on one of the new Neapolitan suits, but had to keep my budget intact (for now).
    Take pics when you get them in! I'm sitting over here waiting for a sale on Sportcoats, because I like the Bundle price on the hopsack blazer, but they only have blue jackets available in my size, so I don't want to buy multiple jackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Take pics when you get them in! I'm sitting over here waiting for a sale on Sportcoats, because I like the Bundle price on the hopsack blazer, but they only have blue jackets available in my size, so I don't want to buy multiple jackets.
    Received my order. The copper linen jacket fits great, really nice fabric too. Unfortunately the trousers are a little too tight in the waist to be let out enough, something I tend to have a tough time historically with drop six suit sizing. Just PM'd @SpierMackay to see if I can swap them out.

I ordered the midnight navy hopsack sportcoat a few months ago and it's quickly turned into my favorite jacket. I'd highly recommend it!