Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pmestrad View Post
    Would you say that the color in your picture is accurate or is the website photo more accurate?
    It's definitely not that dark. It's more like this:

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Gentlemen,

We're rolling out two new suits styles and started taking Pre-Orders for approx. June 5th shipping date.

The first is a Neapolitan inspired style. 3 Roll 2 buttoning, Wide 4" lapels with a a very slight negative belly detail, natural/unpadded shoulders and of course rounder more open quarters.

Check them out HERE

The second is a new peak lapel that has a wide peak, 4" bellied and a ticket pocket. Very aggressive and bold look.

Check the peak lapels HERE

Let us know what you think!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    Gentlemen,

The first is a Neapolitan inspired style. 3 Roll 2 buttoning, Wide 4" lapels with a a very slight negative belly detail, natural/unpadded shoulders and of course rounder more open quarters.

Let us know what you think!
    This broke guy (me!) can't afford suiting in general, but those look fantastic! Especially the blue pinhead and grey houndstooth. Peak lapel + ticket pocket isnt really my preference so no comment there.

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    ...a very slight negative belly detail...
    Pardon my ignorance but what does this mean?
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but what does this mean?
    The lapel has a slight concave curve to it. Most lapels are cut straight. This gives the apprarance of a stronger shoulder and a narrower waist.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Hmm I like some of the new suits. Currently not in the market for a new suit but being a small fella I'm a bit concerned 4" lapels might be a touch too big for me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    Hmm I like some of the new suits. Currently not in the market for a new suit but being a small fella I'm a bit concerned 4" lapels might be a touch too big for me.
    The lapels are graded to the size. They are 4" on a 40. Smaller on smaller sizes. They are adjusted proportionally. Mind you, they are only 1/2" larger than our current suits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I like the new pre-orders. Really have my eye on the brown birdseye. However I noticed that the sizing on most is pretty limited, topping out at 44. Unfortunately my stocky frame requires a 46 (S/M's 46 suits fits like they were made for me). I hope this doesn't represent a new policy of deleting the larger sizes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdn View Post
    I like the new pre-orders. Really have my eye on the brown birdseye. However I noticed that the sizing on most is pretty limited, topping out at 44. Unfortunately my stocky frame requires a 46 (S/M's 46 suits fits like they were made for me). I hope this doesn't represent a new policy of deleting the larger sizes.
    These new suits are a test run for these styles. They were made using stock fabrics we had from previous suit runs. As we had very limited cloth we could only run them in limited sizes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    These new suits are a test run for these styles. They were made using stock fabrics we had from previous suit runs. As we had very limited cloth we could only run them in limited sizes.
    Thanks for the info! I really love your suits, so I'm relieved to hear this is more of a "one off."