Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mackay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I agree. This thread is the only reason I check this section.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    @SpierMackay I need to order a new suit soon. I'm looking for staple charcoal or perhaps navy, but you don't have either available in 40R (contemporary fit) right now. Can you offer any guidance on when they will be restocked? Thanks

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    @SpierMackay I need to order a new suit soon. I'm looking for staple charcoal or perhaps navy, but you don't have either available in 40R (contemporary fit) right now. Can you offer any guidance on when they will be restocked? Thanks
    I have a charcoal sharkskin and regular navy restock for mid/end of June. They are under production as we speak.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    I have a charcoal sharkskin and regular navy restock for mid/end of June. They are under production as we speak.
    Ok, thanks. I was hoping for something sooner, but maybe this will work if they come in early.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet, but Spier and Mackay have released their cotton and linen-blend suits!

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2099 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet, but Spier and Mackay have released their cotton and linen-blend suits!
    Saw those yesterday. Really intrigued by the "copper" silk linen blend. I wish they'd released them as separates. I could use one or two more summer jackets. Ended up ordering some inexpensive J.Crew Factory linen suits instead, since I can return the trousers if they don't fit or I don't like them as suits.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Saw those yesterday. Really intrigued by the "copper" silk linen blend. I wish they'd released them as separates. I could use one or two more summer jackets. Ended up ordering some inexpensive J.Crew Factory linen suits instead, since I can return the trousers if they don't fit or I don't like them as suits.
    Agreed. I don't really need a suit but as separates some of them really stand out to me. Patch pockets help if you decide to split them up.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    TBH, even wearing them as separates wouldn't be a bad idea. The copper trousers would look great with a blue sportcoat, and it's still cheaper as a suit than sportcoats are at places like SuitSupply at just $300 after the US/Canadian exchange rate

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    I will warn those ahead of time. The Copper is Linen/Silk. The silk does add a bit of sheen to the cloth at certain angles. Not a lot, but enough to notice. It doesn't show up in the pics so I thought I'd mention it here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    @SpierMackay the new suits look amazing! Can you give a sense of the shade of blue on the wool/linen check suit? It looks brighter than the blue windowpane but curious how you all are describing it.