Thread: Does anyone use a steamer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Does anyone use a steamer?

Do any of you use a steamer? If so, in what situations?

I'm thinking of getting [URL]https://www.amazon.com/Rowenta-Garment-Steamer-Support-1550-Watt/dp/B009IMYS7M/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1480972013&sr=8-1&keywords=rowenta+steamer&th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=d appered-20&linkId=ac3e6f2627dd4bf51a7645e73b1b84b2/URL]

I've never owned a steamer. I basically never iron. Some clothes make it to the dry cleaners sometimes (sport coats, sweaters, slacks, and an occasional shirt). Shirts are generally either casual, like an OCBD, and hung up immediately after the wash, or they are no iron dress shirts.

I've been thinking about getting a steamer to help with the casual shirts and anything else that was left in the dryer to long or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    543 Post(s)
    Comes in handy for wrinkles that won't release from suits and jackets. Mostly what I use mine for; I tend to iron shirts ahead of time if I know I'm going to be wearing something that needs it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    I have a big Rowenta steamer. I killed a cheap fused suit jacket with it.
    You can never have enough shoes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I have a cheap little one from Target, the "Go Mini" steamer. I love it. It's certainly no replacement for ironing, but if you just want to touch something up it's great, considering you don't iron at all it might be a good way to bridge the gap. Definitely worth the $16 or so I spent on it. I've never used a more expensive one, but the one I have heats up quickly and works remarkably well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    194 Post(s)
    I'm too lazy to cut and paste the link, but I'd get a compact one, for the back of sport coats, wool pants and sweaters; and just iron the shirts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Steamer = one of my best purchases. Use it almost every day. Steam my jackets and pants after I get home in the evening, and they are fresh and wrinkle free for the next wearing! Highly recommended.....