Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Allen Edmonds Acquired by Famous Footwear's Parent Company

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    416 Post(s)
    For what it's worth the sale linked on the main page is working, stackable code and gift cards one and all. Walnut Strands for 215 plus tax.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    guess my timeline for "the next couple pairs" just got bumped. think i'll head to the new clarksburg store on sunday for those liverpools i've been wanting. walnut strands and.......eh, meermin from here out i suppose. :\
    There's an AE outlet in clarksburg??? I live right by Leesburg, which doesn't have an AE, so I never bothered looking at what clarksburg has. Now a reason to visit!

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    416 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firemunkee View Post
    There's an AE outlet in clarksburg??? I live right by Leesburg, which doesn't have an AE, so I never bothered looking at what clarksburg has. Now a reason to visit!
    Yessir! Top level of the outlets.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    I bet they start making square toe shoes with white sneaker soles

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    198 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Put A&E in malls, playing up the history and the name and charge the same money for cheaper shoes sold to more people = better margins for parent company.
    Most people I know think that AEs are very expensive shoes to begin with, so there's no way that by just placing more stores in malls it will draw more customers. Lower the quality and, in this internet age, the word will spread so fast that the type of people that buy their shoes now will mostly stop.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    This is very sad. I hope the quality doesn't take a hit.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Most people I know think that AEs are very expensive shoes to begin with, so there's no way that by just placing more stores in malls it will draw more customers. Lower the quality and, in this internet age, the word will spread so fast that the type of people that buy their shoes now will mostly stop.
    Stop looking at it through your narrow lens & look at say Coke Hahn, who used to make nice shoes, and still has less nice shoes that "retail" between $300 and $400.

People buy them in droves and they think they are good shoes, AND they got a deal when they "only" paid $200 for a "$400 shoe."

People who read menswear blogs & forums (and current AE customers)are a very small drop in a very big retail barrel.

Will this happen with AE? Who knows, but watch for news on the WI factory first. Cutting jobs/production there will be the canary in the coal mine.
    Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Maybe someone should start a protest movement against the merger. The political climate is right for it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryn View Post
    Maybe someone should start a protest movement against the merger. The political climate is right for it.
    Good point! Although they might have to start laying off workers in Wisconsin and offshoring more jobs to the DR before anyone would protest. It could be a good cause for the president-elect to adopt if they did, given that Wisconsin was one of the three swing states that carried the election for him.