Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spier and Mckay Navy Blue Model 2 Blazer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    I'm interested, but the price is too high. I'd probably take it for half that.

BTW, are your sure it's a blazer and not a suit jacket?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dappertert View Post
    I'm interested, but the price is too high. I'd probably take it for half that.

BTW, are your sure it's a blazer and not a suit jacket?
    $100 for a BNWT Spier & Mackay navy blazer is a steal, don't know how you're expecting that price. And yes it's a blazer, it's got patch pockets

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    $100 for a BNWT Spier & Mackay navy blazer is a steal, don't know how you're expecting that price. And yes it's a blazer, it's got patch pockets
    Yeah, expecting to pay 100 for NWT S&M navy sportcoat is amusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jfo2010 View Post
    Yeah, expecting to pay 100 for NWT S&M navy sportcoat is amusing.
    My thoughts exactly. Because it is BNWT that's almost like going into a S&M store and saying you would love the jacket but only for a third of the price.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    That's what I'd be willing to pay for that particular item. I don't need it. It's worth whatever people are willing to buy and sell it for. This is not a retail store, it is a classified ad with extremely limited selection.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Sure, you can offer whatever you are willing to pay for it. I've done that on eBay shoes plenty of times. But, you did not simply "offer" your price, you said "That price is too high". "I can only afford $100, will you take that?" is different than "Your price is too high, you should lower it to my $100". And so, it is perfectly reasonable for us to provide counter opinions to your "price is too high" opinion.

Additionally, since you are commenting on where and when you are buying something, its also considered on the rude side by many to conduct price negotiations in the thread. If you had made your offer via private message, we would be none the wiser at your opinion. That's my $.02 from someone who bought and sold on the internet before eBay even existed.

Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2112 Post(s)
    Negotiations over pricing on private sales are generally best conducted through private messaging. Unless you have serious concerns about an item's authenticity or you otherwise have reason to believe a seller is committing fraud or otherwise seriously misrepresenting an item for sale, I think the general preference and expectation is that third party commentary on sales should be kept to a minimum. We expect sellers and buyers to be adults and perform their own due diligence with regard to pricing/value/negotiating.
    Ben

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Given that there doesn't seem to be interest at this price point, and I do really like the jacket I think I'll just keep it.
    @LesserBlackDog

If it makes sense to remove this thread for the sake of happier, healthier forum, feel free to do so.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2112 Post(s)
    @josiahv I can edit the original post to reflect that the item is withdrawn if that is your preference.
    Ben

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    @josiahv I can edit the original post to reflect that the item is withdrawn if that is your preference.
    That's OK. Folks can see it here at the end of the comments.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk